Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about buying a facial steamer since it helps blackhead, yet i am wondering if it has any impact on acne? anyone know?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wouldn't waste too much money on one. While steam would help break up the sebum that your skin produces, it certainly isn't something that other products can't do just as well. I think you would have just as much (if not more) luck just getting on a good skin care regime. To answer your question though, yes I think you would see results for both acne and blackheads though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't waste too much money on one. While steam would help break up the sebum that your skin produces, it certainly isn't something that other products can't do just as well. I think you would have just as much (if not more) luck just getting on a good skin care regime. To answer your question though, yes I think you would see results for both acne and blackheads though.
thank you for your answer..^^
may be i really should try to see first..

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The steamer CAN do stuff other products can't. I recommend for it. In fact, a steamer is something that you purchase once and can use it until it breaks, whereas with facial products, they run out and you'll have to find one that works.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Steamers do work, if it doesn't work for someone it's because of improper use techniques. If they didn't work they wouldn't by used by aestheticians at all.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Are you just trying to open up your pores to get rid of blackheads?

I've had success with Toner Tablets from Lush cosmetics. They come in vitamins C and E as well as Tea Tree oil. You simmer water, pour it in a shallow bowl and add the tablet. Then, take a towel and put it over your head (try not to inhale, you can stick your head out of the towel), letting the tablet dissolve.

Once the water cools a bit you can also take it and rub it on your face. It costs like $1.50 and leaves your skin smooth and soft!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you just trying to open up your pores to get rid of blackheads?

I've had success with Toner Tablets from Lush cosmetics. They come in vitamins C and E as well as Tea Tree oil. You simmer water, pour it in a shallow bowl and add the tablet. Then, take a towel and put it over your head (try not to inhale, you can stick your head out of the towel), letting the tablet dissolve.

Once the water cools a bit you can also take it and rub it on your face. It costs like $1.50 and leaves your skin smooth and soft!
That sounds great! Most times I just use water in facial steamer -- I'd like to try tea tree oil next time

Just a quick thought-- the most common tea tree oil sold (liquid form) is not water solvable... then the tablet solution method just comes handy!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I agree with Freddy. In addition, steam helps to increase blood circulation giving that temporary but pretty healthy pink glow.
But...
do you have to buy a facial steamer? Wouldn't boiling a hot pot of water and putting a towel over your head do the same trick?
Perhaps you could save your pennies and invest in a quality mud or sea mineral mask to deep clean or moisturize your pores after they have been opened by the steam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Working up a good sweat opens up your pores and unclogs them. Just make sure to shower right afterward, otherwise all that oil and sweat sits on your skin and breeds bacteria.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wouldn't it be just as good to use a toner after you get out of a steamy shower? are steamers and bowls of hot water, and toner tablets really necessary?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts