Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that yogurt/milk has alpha hydroxy, so it lightens the skin. Is this true? Do we just apply, wait 20 mins and wash it off?
What is it we have to do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You could use yogurt but I would maybe try something from a skin care line, La-Roche Posay Mela-D Skin Lightening lotion that has SPF so it protects your skin from further envoirnmental damage as well as helps lighten your skin

·
Registered
367 Posts
I combined a cup of yogurt (Dannon's Light and Fit Vanilla) with powered Vitamin C (de-pilled) and left it on for like 15 mins or until it started to become irritating. I noticed an immediate lightening effect and my face was really smooth. It's been a while since I've done that - can't say the effects were long lasting but it's good I think if your out of skin lightening cream, broke and need a quick boost.

* I kind of used the Vitamin C micro crystals as a little microdermabrasion and scrubbed it into my skin with the yogurt mixture. (probably not the best idea as it could cause tiny cuts on the surface but thats what I did some months ago to my memory)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wonder if organic milk or yogurt was used what the result would be? My oldest daughter eats 90% organic so I'm sure she would have both. I think I'll try this tonite (not on my face yet though!).

Glytone has my face model smooth and flawless. I mean seriously, like I have on airbrush makeup! (can you tell how much I love that lotion!)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think I'll try this tonite (not on my face yet though!).

Glytone has my face model smooth and flawless. I mean seriously, like I have on airbrush makeup! (can you tell how much I love that lotion!)
Im not sure if youll notice as much of an effect if any on other areas
I don't think it should interfere but I'm not a doctor.

·
Registered
420 Posts
@katie2015, why not just combine RetinA with HQ, you will slowly lighten.
Ok so can u give some time frame lyk 2 months or 3 or 4 months... Plus carowhite is too moisturising for my oily skin. I have used melacare forte and even that's too oily.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Ok so can u give some time frame lyk 2 months or 3 or 4 months... Plus carowhite is too moisturising for my oily skin. I have used melacare forte and even that's too oily.
By 4 months you will see some results, I am unsure as to how many shades though. You just have to see how your skin responds.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I applied fresh yogurt on my face and left for 20 min.I didn't look whiter bt definitely brighter and glowing. I think I will apply curd thrice a day for faster results.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts