Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new mantra for healthy living is "Don't apply anything on your skin, if you can't eat it" Because our skin absorbs everything applied to it. Hence with all the heavy chemical, preservatives in body care products we are using, results in all kinds of diseases.

I am a breast cancer survivor. For the last 7 years since I came across this sinful disease, I promised my self to never be SICK AGAIN!

I have done researches and spent last 7 years in finding the best cooking oil that I can also use as a moisturizer. It is the most natural oil, Tea seed oil which is USDA certified organic, KOSHER and without any chemicals or preservatives. Pure. Light and full of vitamins and minerals.

I love food. Who doesn't? Hence Now I feel I eat guilt free. Here is a link to a chart where I found the comparison to other oils.

wikipedia has great info on Tea seed oil and will take you to the link to the Benefits of tea seed oil.

Camellia oil is great for all skin and hair types. For skin it was will cleanse, moisturize as well as protect from UV, preventing freckles, age spots and wrinkles. It is rich in vitamins and anti-oxidants. It can also be used to help prevent stretch marks, especially known for use during pregnancy. The applications for Camellia oil for skin and hair is endless and it will keep you looking young and beautiful.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Well I and many, many , many people do not buy into that theory. I'd never eat retin-a (tretinoin) or sunscreen ingredients such as the mexoryls or tinosorbs, etc....etc........
Not to mention many other examples.
For example....the suns uv rays are doing you much, much, more harm/damage than the slight risk some ingredient in a sunscreen may be causing you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Shea butter has a natural SPF between 4-7.

Mira I get what youre saying, however, the masses you're addressing can't "hear" you. It would take them personnaly having a "challenge" before they take a good look at or see the need to limit the amout of unhealthy products we use on a regular basis.

I just started a Natural/whole/real foods eating plan myself. No more "Non-dairy" creamers and etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts