Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have an aunt that uses for her dark knuckle and toes back in the days like 10-12 years ago. She leaves in on for a while and she would be peeling days later. I wouldn´t dream of trying it though because i remember that aunt didn´t lighten well at all...she was a sight.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
When you say she was a sight what happened???
Nah, she didn´t get any bad reactions from the Dop itself....it was just the way she abused everything she used. Steroid creams and HQ which resulted in dark knuckles and patches. Thank goodness she has slowed down now. Dop has been around for a long time though and African women know what it does..

I just comfirmed from her how it works; and she said she usually adds a bit of Epsom salt to peel her dark patches, it works, she also stressed for me "NOT TO TRY IT O".

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for asking!!! :)

Wow I see why she said not to try it!
I'll guess my skin would feel like its on fire if I add epsom salt to dop.

I will definitely mix it with a moisturizing soap and/or add a little humectant like honey or glycerin, since I got plenty of that around.

Nah, she didn´t get any bad reactions from the Dop itself....it was just the way she abused everything she used. Steroid creams and HQ which resulted in dark knuckles and patches. Thank goodness she has slowed down now. Dop has been around for a long time though and African women know what it does..

I just comfirmed from her how it works; and she said she usually adds a bit of Epsom salt to peel her dark patches, it works, she also stressed for me "NOT TO TRY IT O".

21 - 25 of 25 Posts