Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I came across a newish brand at my local Holland & Barrett called DR Organic. The ingredients look good and the package says SLS free and paraben free. This brand has a huge range of products from haircare , skin care to toothpaste. The package says 100% organic too. I am interested in trying the pomegranate eye cream and manuka honey cream. Just wondering if anybody has tried any products from this line? Would love to hear your opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, for all those interested, I did buy the manuka honey cream as promised and have been using for a couple of weeks. So far, it's been a great moisturiser especially in this cold winter weather. The moisturiser itself is a rich non-greasy cream which leaves the skin soft and absorbs well without any greasy feeling. On top of that, it smells gorgeous AND the ingredients are 100% organic as per the label. It contains manuka honey, almond oil, borage seed oil, rose oil, HA just to name a few.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It does sounds quite interesting..I'll have to check H&B too...

Pumi, do you happen to know what the ingredients are in the haircare products??

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Angel: Sorry, I don't have the ingredients list for the hair products but the shampoos are all labelled as SLS free. I am planning to buy the manuka shampoo and if I do, I will let you have the ingredients list for this product.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
hey pumi i missed this thread ive seen this stuff too, good packaging i agree. im going to try the pomegranate you mentioned that sounds interesting especially as i dont use an eyecream!!!

i saw the shampoos too and thought they were too pricy. ideally id like to use the jason stuff but again waaaaaaaay to pricy. i use faith in nature as its cheaper £3.99 for 400ml shamp and conditioner. they do skin care too- ooooh i have just spotted their refining toner looks good!

Faith in Nature Our Natural Beauty Products - Faith Products Ltd

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Angel Hair: I am currently not using any eye cream too!
Anyway, if you do buy the pomegranate eye cream before me pls do share your thoughts. If you're looking for a basic toner, why not buy pure rose water? I use it and it is very refreshing and soothing to the skin and smells gorgeous on top!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks for the link Angel Hair...I have fine hair and it's long; half-way down my waist ...so I'm always trying to thicken and nourish it with natural/organic products cause I hate how normal products leave my hair...

Does anyone know if ammonium laureth sulphate is good or not?? The faith line has it in all their shampoo altho it says it's derived from vegetable...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
yeah angel i thought the same thing, i dont think its as bad but there isnt really much in it. the shampoos foams but not as much as other shampoos and thats one way to tell as the SLS is the foaming agent.

ive found so many shampoos that say theyre are organic LS free but they still add some kind of LS but in lesser quantities. FIN brand is the best value for money for me at the moment espcially as i didnt really want to pay for the online p&p but the following site is good just click on shampoos. as far as i know these have no LS or parabens.

http://www.kernelpower.co.uk/

·
Registered
640 Posts
Angel Hair, I checked the site, they have the ammonium LS in their shampoos too. It could just be a safer alternative to SLS but I dunno really...If anyone know more about it, let us know...

BTW, that site has some scary stuff about SLS...

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
ive not really see any without some kind of LS youll also notice SLS free is a blanket statement and they still use mag / amm LS.

the only way round it is to make our own shampoos! i might actually look into this because it just bugs me how expensive it all is anyway! i saw a neem oil shampoo / conditioner but they had covered the ingredients with the price tag!!! grr House of Mistry - im just gonna look online as it could kill two birds with one stone! BRB, dont worry angel im sure well come up with something!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
you might want to browse through this website:

Natural Skin Care | Organic Beauty | Makeup | Hair Care & Shampoos

according to the checklist below its all bad stuff!!! ALES is less irritating than SLS which i have found after using FIN prods.

Chemical

So far A'kin is saying they are sulphate free so i am presume thats ALL sulphates! full ingredients list wont work though! ive seen this in my local helath care shop and they were pricey as heck but are cheaper on this site.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It seems ASL is just as bad as SLS...
And on the FIN website, it says ASL has bigger molecules then SLS and therefore can't penetrate the skin...but can't trust them since they have ALS in all their shampoos and obviously, they're not gonna say bad things about it...

I think I'm gonna do some research and make my own shampoo ....

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
i have found a few recipes already but the soap needs investigating! as thats back to square one otherwise.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've found some too...they use castile soap which apparently is made from 100% virgin olive oil...but I agree it needs more investigating...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts