Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i was hoping someone could help me out. after a bunch of googling i have not found an answer that is helpful. I had a brown line that went around the back of my neck, i didnt know why until recently. I was told wearing hemp necklaces or any necklace made of material for a long period of time can do this, the friction darkens the pigmentation.
so i bough Dr Varon's system and have been using it for three weeks.
The brown line has disappeared but is not replaced with a bright red line.
does anyone have any suggestions how i can get rid of this or any ideas at all?

Thank you so much

Cara

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
this pigmentation effect is the result of friction. What ought to help you is a mild Retin A concentration (like 0.025%) to exfoliate away the affected skin. You do not need a bleaching cream. A cream containing 10% glycolic acid will likely do the trick too (Neo Strata makes a good one. Some sensitive skins are irritated by glycolic acid so you may begin with a 5% to see how your skin reacts. It'll take some time, but you can do this. If you need sources for these items, let me know. BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the reply. Will this help get rid of the red? The brown discoloration is all gone from the lightening creme its just red now, which looks just as bad. i dont want to further irritate it if that is what is happening.

Thank you so much for your suggestions

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The red is likely due to irritation from the Dr. Varon product you used. It may be a perfectly good product: just not for you. Everyone's sensitivities are different. I can use Retin A at the highest concentration BUT not Dove Bodywash! Weird. Anyhow, do NOT use any other treatment while you are red & irritated. Ask your pharmacist for something to help heal your irritated skin. I don't want to suggest something as I cannot see your skin & I like to leave rashes & irritations to the pros. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts