Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a mini rant
My eyes have been so dry from using the Carepost from ADC. Being that I wear contacts probably doesn't make it any better.. With all the eye drops I apply at work, they probably think I'm smoking ganja during my breaks! lol

Does this go away or as long as I use it, my eyes will feel like the Mojave Desert??

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am so weird with this one, it is the one cosmeceutical I will NOT touch. I just do not feel that unless you have a serious lack of lashes it is worth the hassle or the possible side-effects. YOU WILL RARELY HEAR ME SAY THIS AS I AM ONE THAT IS FOR MOST ANYTHING IN THE NAME OF YOUTH/BEAUTY. I just did not get it. And as for choosing Brooke Shields as a spokesperson for their product, in fairness she was a unique beauty but she has aged worse than almost anyone of her contemporaries, and I am not saying this to be mean bless her, she just has. I think she looks like a 50 year old drag queen (no offense to her or drag queens) with those lush lashes and the very hard features which time has done nothing for.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Scarfree and Lexi..I gave up on Lumigan for this reason. I too wear contacts and it was painful how dry my eyes became. I had to wake up at night to instill drops they were so dry. I gave it 7 months with the Lumigan but it never got any better so I quit using it.

I hated the red ring around the lids it also gave me....yeh ganja smoker is what I looked like!

I have since switched to Rapid Lash and the problem is easing up slowly.

Taking Omega-3 fish oils can help with the dry eye syndrome too!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just a mini rant
My eyes have been so dry from using the Carepost from ADC. Being that I wear contacts probably doesn't make it any better.. With all the eye drops I apply at work, they probably think I'm smoking ganja during my breaks! lol

Does this go away or as long as I use it, my eyes will feel like the Mojave Desert??
Well besides that are your lashes getting any longer?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lexi now you are scaring me!! I sort of agree, she was so gorgeous back in the day.. but life happens... I'll have to think about this one..

Fawnie- So the Rapid Lash didn't dry your eyes? That's good to know, but it's pretty expensive right? Last night I fell asleep at 9 and I don't know if it is because I was really sleepy or if it was just that my eyes were so dry it felt like it was time for bed.
And I take omega-3's everyday... (Primrose oil)

keishak- Lol I've only been using it for under a week, so I haven't noticed anything yet other than extreme dry eye!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I am so weird with this one, it is the one cosmeceutical I will NOT touch. I just do not feel that unless you have a serious lack of lashes it is worth the hassle or the possible side-effects. YOU WILL RARELY HEAR ME SAY THIS AS I AM ONE THAT IS FOR MOST ANYTHING IN THE NAME OF YOUTH/BEAUTY. I just did not get it. And as for choosing Brooke Shields as a spokesperson for their product, in fairness she was a unique beauty but she has aged worse than almost anyone of her contemporaries, and I am not saying this to be mean bless her, she just has. I think she looks like a 50 year old drag queen (no offense to her or drag queens) with those lush lashes and the very hard features which time has done nothing for.
omg i think the same thing about brooke too!!!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie- So the Rapid Lash didn't dry your eyes? That's good to know, but it's pretty expensive right? Last night I fell asleep at 9 and I don't know if it is because I was really sleepy or if it was just that my eyes were so dry it felt like it was time for bed.
And I take omega-3's everyday... (Primrose oil)
LOL you're on the right track but wrong car! Evening Primrose Oil is Omega-6. If you take Fish Oil (Omega-3) it will really help the dry eyes...but even this didn't help when I was "using" (Lumigan...LOL)
>RapidLash is $40 at BedBath&Beyond for a 3ml tube with a 20% off coupon
and $100 per 3ml for Latisse
and $12 per 3ml for Lumigan at that online pharmacy (+$25 S&H).
It doesn't dry my eyes and seems to be very moisturizing for the lashes where Lumigan was very drying.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Is anyone using it for eyebrows?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi EggoMini!

yes im using careprost for both eyelashes and eyebrows due to over plucking through the years and hairs that do grow back are very thin and yake soooo long to grow back!

Its been 2 weeks and i feel theres a slight diffrence.. the hairs seem to be growing back faster.. whereas before i hardly needed to tweeze them as they grew at such a slow pace. Just hope it works on areas where i have gaps

For my eyelashes.. to be honest i dont realy need it but im experimenting and i noticed afew lashes were longer already!.. especialy on my lower lashes, even had to trim 1 lash slightly because it was too long lol

As for the dryness cant say im really feeling that effect as yet and hopefully wont.

Ciao!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I'm so excited about my Careprost too, I sure hope it works for me! I'm using the careprost for both eyelashes and brows as well because although my lashes are lengthy, I want them to become much more longer, darker, and thick. And I always had thin eyebrows that actually has a couple of small light gaps in them...noting like my mom's luscious extra thick eyebrows. Hers' acutally connects together and she just gives them a trim and her brows are flawless. I am hoping by early next year my brows and lashes will be fierce so I can finally have enough brow to have trimmed at the salan and hope to never need to use the eyebrow pencil again!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm so excited about my Careprost too, I sure hope it works for me! I'm using the careprost for both eyelashes and brows as well because although my lashes are lengthy, I want them to become much more longer, darker, and thick. And I always had thin eyebrows that actually has a couple of small light gaps in them...noting like my mom's luscious extra thick eyebrows. Hers' acutally connects together and she just gives them a trim and her brows are flawless. I am hoping by early next year my brows and lashes will be fierce so I can finally have enough brow to have trimmed at the salan and hope to never need to use the eyebrow pencil again!
good luck giirrlll!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Just a mini rant

scarfree, yes I get dry eyes from using Latisse. These are the eye drops that I use and help a TON!!

Dry Eye relief and information at Systane.com

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL you're on the right track but wrong car! Evening Primrose Oil is Omega-6. If you take Fish Oil (Omega-3) it will really help the dry eyes...but even this didn't help when I was "using" (Lumigan...LOL)
>RapidLash is $40 at BedBath&Beyond for a 3ml tube with a 20% off coupon
and $100 per 3ml for Latisse
and $12 per 3ml for Lumigan at that online pharmacy (+$25 S&H).
It doesn't dry my eyes and seems to be very moisturizing for the lashes where Lumigan was very drying.
Fawnie-
Well I guess that would explain it then! lol Never even heard of Omega 6
I may have to look into using Rapidlash (with the BB&B coupon of course
)

Gymrat-
Thanks for the tip on drops! I think I'm going to give it another go using the pointed tip q-tips and see how that goes. That would not allow for much of the liquid to seep into my eyes. I was using a very small brush initially and the carepost would go into my eyes, so we'll see how that goes for me... *crossing fingers!!*

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just ordered Careprost for both my lashes and brows too. Yup over-plucking has taken it's tole over the years for me too. I have to use major brow filler always. I'm interested to see the results. I'll keep you posted.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
yes, bimaprotost is the active ingredient in Careprost, Lumigan and Latisse that can cause some side effects like irritation, dryness, iris staining and darkening of the skin.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts