Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, its my fast time visiting this sight. I am a black Africa from Uganda, Africa. I have a problem with my skin. Its dry and rough. I want it smooth. Is there anyone who can give me advise on what to do with it?

The other issue is my hair. Its very light and looks unhelthy. Please run to my rescue.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stopped by to say welcome.
I am very new, too so I will let the more knowledgeable give the suggestions. They know sooo much. Luck to you with your skin and hair care!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I recommend a good facial scrub nothing with apricot pits that can tear up your skin, and a good moisurizer, as for your hair have you ever tried the mayonaise mask? 2 tablespoons mayonaise, 2 teaspoons olive oil, mix it up put on your hair, then saran wrap it for half hour, with a towel on top. after 1/2 hour to an hour wash and rince as normal, it softens the hair, and adds shine. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mony,
Regarding the dry skin of the face could please give me some home remedies if you know any. And for the hair, have you heard of Dr. Miracle? What do you say about it?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Sure thing! I have had a bad case of cystic acnee so I've got to be careful of what I put on my face. I use either coconut oil, or rose hip serum, they both help- no stink no fuss. I do at home dermabrassions, once a week- I buy the one from avon, and at once a week the tube lasts quite a few months, and it's about 20$. I use a spinning toothbrush to clean my face twice a day, and I won't step out of the house without my vichy spf 60 on my face . AS for the hair, I've never heard of Dr. Miracle , but I do the mayonaise treatment 2 x a month as well as use tail n' mane shampoo and conditionner. Yes they are for horses, they are cheap - no smell- great when you wanna wear perfum and they really work- have you ever seen a show dog, or horse with ugly hair? Not likely. This also keeps my hair strong- I have baby-fine thin hair but it's half way down my back. This stuff has helped keep hair strong and healthy so that it could grow longer. Hope this helps you out .

·
Registered
102 Posts
macleda,

I know it's a bit late but because of the dryness you're complaining about, I'd try using Dr. Bronners Pure Castile Soap (Head to toe). This soap does not contain the drying agents found in regular soaps/washes/shampoos.

Olive Oil - To restore and maintian moisture (Head-to-toe)

Baking Soda/Sugar - can be added to either product to make a scrub; this will help combat the ruffness you complained about.

The above is the closest I can get you to HomeMade Remedies.

Your hair is appearing light because it lacks moisture.

If you're really feeling adventurous try a blend of SheaButter and Olive Oil; apply sparing ly in the hair; both will leave your skin very soft.

I hope this helps

·
Registered
40 Posts
For excessive dryness of skin it is suitable to use a basic regime of exfoliating, cleansing and moisturization. As for exfoliation, use lemon halves rolled on sugar granules. Gently rub them and massage slowly. The rough, flaky surface becomes devoid of dead cells. The surface is now radiant which requires further cleansing. This will remove the dirt. Include a home made pack of gram flour, milk, honey, lemon juice and rose water in equal proportions. Wash off with lukewarm water. Now use rose water dipped in cotton and wipe all over. Moisturize the facial surface with little amount of almond oil.

If performed on a regular basis, the rough patches and dryness can be controlled for a longer time. Remember to use lukewarm water and not hot water as it may dy the surface. It can also cause inflammation of the skin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts