Skin Care Talk banner

Dry Skin Turning Black?

19K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MohaimenK 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and looking for answers. I just noticed from about a week ago, my skin in my hand (above index finger & middle finger mostly) is darker than my normal skin color. It's like blackish actually. It burns. Can this be caused form dry skin? I have noticed that my hands have been extra extra dry. Dry to a point where I had "cuts" in them and caused burning. It is still burning now. Not sure if this something that is caused from skin being too dry? Please advice. Thank you

#2 ·
If I were you, I'd think about having it checked out to be on the safe side. My husband though suffers from splitting/cuts when his hands become really dry. Until you get it checked, I'd suggest using a heavy duty hand cream but after you apply it to your hands, put on cotton gloves for a more moisterizing treatment. You'll probably find gloves if you don't have them by the hand creams. Good luck!!

#3 ·
does his skin color change due to this? I doubt it can be skin cancer right? I don't spend too much time out in the sun or anything.

I remember, using wood cleaner w/out gloves and that got all over my hand so I had to use aceon to clean it off. Took 2 days to come off completely.

Also noticed 1 small mark like a birth mark on my left hand, middle finger, on the side. weird, looks like a stain, but its not. I remember getting hurt by plyers a few months back, on that finger, so maybe it's from that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.