Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am 29 years of age and I suffer from rather dry skin. The worst part though is that I still suffer from some acne at my age!!

I have tried different moisturisers such as clinique and Oil of Olay but nothing changes. I also drink more than 2 litres of water each day.

I don't use sunbeds and living in the UK means I rarely put my skin in danger with UV rays!

Can anyone please suggest a moisturiser that would help my dry skin but without aggrivating the occasional acne, thanks.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Absolutely! Since you are in UK, you are lucky enuf to have access to La Roche-Posay, right? They make a line especially for your skin type: Effaclar. The Effaclar A.I. spot treatment is one that I love since it doesn't dry out the skin around the spot, just the spot itself. The moisturizer is good too for men as it isn't fragranced with foo-foo! Let us know if you find it helpful!

How is your nutrition? Junk food or unprocessed? Do you smoke? Take any supplements? Fish oil (omega 3) sometimes helps with dry skin.

Welcome!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi there. It's not that unusual to still have acne at your age. Are you using a shower filter to get rid of chemicals in the water which can dry your skin?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dermalogica has a fabulous moisturizer called Active Moist. It is very lightweight but adds the moisture and hydration your skin needs to be well balanced. I'm pretty sure you will be able to purchase it in your area or online.

·
Administrator
33,768 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by GILCH79

I have been using Arbonne's RE9 (anti aging kit). OMG I don't have acne anymore!! I was able to stop my antibiotics orally and on my face. It's amazing!!! I highly suggest it!

Arbonne cleared your acne, so much that you were able to stop your antibiotics?? hhhhmmmmm I thought the RE9 was their anti-aging line. They have a blemish line, why weren't you using that for acne?

Makes me kind of wonder about this post.......

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with checking on water temperature. Although a piping hot shower might feel nice, it wreaks havoc on your skin by drying it out.

You might want to try a product with aloe in it, as it is more soothing on the skin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You could try putting a little tea tree oil on you acne spots with a good moisturizer. This will avoid you over drying the rest of you skin with a break out. Origins has a night moisturizer with vitamins that is amazing,and it has helped me heal both my dry spots and break outs a great deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts