Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning (literally) I take a shower, dry my hair, add "spiker" gel/glue to my hair and form it to a faux hawk, sometimes spikes (I'm a dude). At night, I sleep with the chemicals in my hair til morning and that's when I shower and repeat my days.

The thing is, I recently went to get a haircut and my barber saw dryness on my scalp and suggested that I take it off at nighttime, not morning. What's the cause of the dryness on my scalp? I use head and shoulders shampoo every single morning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you think it's dryness or maybe product build-up?

Try a good clarifying shampoo followed by a good conditioner that will not make your scalp too oily.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, that could possibly be product build up.

Some products build up on the hair even if you shampoo every day- it slowly builds up and causes ' junk' to get onto the hair.

It could be causing dryness, but I would clarify first and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
And make sure to take your vitamins. Sometimes, vitamin and mineral deficiencies cause skin/scalp flaking and dryness.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
And maybe over washing. Plus you're not meant to condition your scalp, only the ends cos the oils from the conditioner and your head dont always agree.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
You should not wash your hair everyday. I think this is what is drying out your scalp. Try using a milder shampoo instead of head and shoulders and see if there is any difference?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would try using Nioxin Cleanser and Scalp Therapy, it is a great cleansing shampoo and really helps with dry scalp. Don't use Heads and Shoulders, I learnt that all that it does is coat the hair follicle and scalp and just masks the flaking and dandruff, it doesn't solve the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts