Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I somehow recently contracted what I'm positive is dyshidrotic eczema. The top of my left ring finger (surrounding the nail) is absolutely covered with clusters of small blisters, and at the very tip there is one big blister covered in a layer of cracked skin. There are a few more random tiny blisters, including two on my palm, but the main problem area (and where I first noticed blisters) is that one finger

The odd thing is, I've read that this is a chronic condition.. and I've never had it before. My diet hasn't changed. I'm thinking I may have come across a plant I'm allergic to while walking my dog.. but then I walk him all the time and it's never happened before.

Figuring out how it happened is probably a moot venture at this point.. but how should I treat it? I have a hydrocortisone cream for the itching and have been taking Benadryl.. the itching actually isn't that bad. It's just really unsightly to look at and hard to use that particular finger as it's so blistered and bumpy.

I don't believe it's infected. It's not warm and when the blisters do weep it's clear. The one giant blister is disconcerting though. Should I pop the big one and leave the others be? Or just wait them all out? 2-3 weeks seems to be the consensus 'wait it out' time, and it's only been a few days.

I'm a 25 year old male and like I said I've never had this happen before. What steps should I take? I've read about treatments ranging from soaks in high grade Hydrogen Peroxide to Vinegar.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Ideally I'd just hop over to the local dermatologist but I don't have insurance.

Luke

·
Registered
679 Posts
there are a couple of things to do but you will have to do them a couple times a day. one is domeboro packets sold at most pharmacies. you make a soak and you can either soak your whole hand or wet a clean washcloth and apply it to the affected area several times a day. you can refrigerate the solution and use over a 24 hour period. second, is to moisturize the area with aquaphor or vaseline. wear a white cotton glove to prevent infection. it is a pain in the arse but this does work. domeboro helps relieve the itching also. don't use harsh soaps as this will cause a burning sensation on the skin. i wish you best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts