Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yes--have to be careful with this. I do neither but if I were to choose one I would choose Dysport for an area like the forehead and botox for smaller areas. Dysport has a tendency to migrate more and as such affects a larger area, which can be good or bad.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yes--have to be careful with this. I do neither but if I were to choose one I would choose Dysport for an area like the forehead and botox for smaller areas. Dysport has a tendency to migrate more and as such affects a larger area, which can be good or bad.
Hi, I was told that Dysport and Botox are the same thing. Dysport is Botox rebranded and marketed more heavily.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Hi, I was told that Dysport and Botox are the same thing. Dysport is Botox rebranded and marketed more heavily.
True and false. I have read the clinical trials and basically it is the same toxin in a new formulation. This is often done by pharma companies. Botox as a brand will be available soon in a generic form, a new company has slightly changed the formulation giving them a longer patent meaning it will be considered "brand" whereas botox can be knocked off soon and can be bought cheaper because other companies will be able to make it as with all generics.

An example of this (a great example) is that there is a sleeping pill called Imovane in Europe and Canada (zopiclone) which has worked great as a sleeping pill, just a nasty taste in the mouth. It was re-done by Sepracor and sold under the brand name Lunesta in USA and the formulation is ESZOPLICONE which in essence is the exact same medication minus one isomer which slightly changes the formula (for the worse in my opinion) and as such Sepracor has taken a cheap drug widely available all over the world and made it one of the most expensive and popular "new" sleeping meds in USA.

Dysport similarly was just re-jiggled a bit and the effects are, clinically, that it works just like Botox BUT it is said to possibly last longer, because of the different formulation may be good for those with Botox resistance/immunity (there are such people) and also it spreads more. When I say it spreads, I mean it basically will travel the region it is injected causing more widespread paralysis than simply where it was injected. This is good for some areas, risky for others.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thanks for your thoughts, I am going to give this a try today on my forehead. I have never done either, but this is what the doc seems to think is the way to go. I will keep you all posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts