Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Ear wax has built up in my ear, what can I do to get rid of it? Everything Seems muffled when it comes to that ear and I'm a frequent Headphones user. I really don't wanna go to the doctors because my dad had a problem like this and he went and got his ear syringed and he said it was agony.

HELP Please????

·
Registered
529 Posts
theres this liquid thing u can get, i think its called like.. audiclean?
u pour it in your ear and it comes out with all the waxxy goodness

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Go to the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist to point it out to you. You have to use it regularly if you are prone to waxy buildup. Don't use Qtips! they just pack the wax in deeper!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Turkey baster, warm water, low pressure = Problem solved.
Be sure to use WARM water or you will make yourself dizzy! Add a little hydrogen peroxide (not the hair kind) to the warm water and this will help too.'
Good idea Freddy. I bet your Mom wondered where that turkey baster got to...

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have this exact thing with my ears. So does my Auntie and Dad. Some people just have a really tight hairpin bend inside their ear canals. It's hard for the wax to get out. When I feel a little deaf I go to the doctors. They fill a large water blaster type thingy with warm water and shoot it into my ear. I hold a bowl under to collect the water. A wax plug like a little insence cone washes out. OMG the world is noisy again.! Doesn't hurt a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OMG lol, I just meant to describe the tight bend inside the ear canal. I wouldn't even use a q tip as it pushes the was back in.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I regularly go to the doctors to have my ears professionally syringed. They use some kind of pump and warm water to do it, its a 5-10 min job. 1 week before your appointment youre meant to use an ear wax softener (i use Otex) which contains urea hydrogen peroxide.

When you put it in your ear, you can hear a slight popping sound which is the sound of the drops breaking down the wax.

I got my ears syringed for the first time 2 years ago, and when i came out of the doctors, i could hear EVERYTHING and it was irritating for the first 2 days lol. Shoes slightly brushing across carpet, breathing, slight movements...

After syringing, your meant to line your ear canal with some olive oil to prevent higher risk of infection.

Ask your physician/doctor.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
There is also this process I believe it's called "ear candleing" I've heard about it, alot of people say it's great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts