Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this lotion, the vanilla, is available in bulk at my local health food store. It contains no water, in fact the first ingredient is aloe vera, sunflower oil, sesame oil, then I can't remember. Anyone used this lotion or any products from this company?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oranges, if you go to MakeupAlley.com you can read reviews. This product gets good marks for moisturizing, but some find it sticky. The fragrance is a love/hate thing - it's described as "bourbon vanilla", more smoky than sugary.

Tell us how you like it! I love orange/vanilla scents like "Dulcis in Fundo" by Profundum.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I noticed this lotion, the vanilla, is available in bulk at my local health food store. It contains no water, in fact the first ingredient is aloe vera, sunflower oil, sesame oil, then I can't remember. Anyone used this lotion or any products from this company?
I bought the foundation and I like it. It says no chemicals, this is why I bought it. Never tried the lotion though!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at it on vitacost and it has really good reviews too. I only noticed it in the bulk section, I've never seen it before. The vitacost reviews say the smell is a fantastic mexican vanilla. The good news is I can smell while I'm filling and immediately stop if I don't like it. And greasy/sticky no problem here. It's so stinkin dry.

Ingredients
Organic aloe vera, organic saffflower oil, sweet almond oil, sesame oil, cetyl alcohol (coconut oil, organic cocoa butter, organic extracts of calendula, comfrey, chamomile, tocoherol (1700iu Vit. E), retinylpalmitate (450,000iv Vit. A), vanilla fragrance vanilla extract, vanilla fragrance, vanilla extract

Is there the same concern for this form of A for pregnant or trying to get preggers women?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
This article says not safe!
[quote from Dermadoctor.com]
Vitamin A

The use of topical vitamin A containing medications and skincare products during pregnancy and nursing is NOT recommended. Not only does this include prescription treatments Avita, Avage, Differin, Retin A, Renova and Tazorac but any OTC retinol or retinyl palmitate containing product as well. Generic names for the prescription meds include Adapalene, tretinoin and Tazarotene.

Oral use of large amounts of Vitamin A and it's derivatives, like Accutane, are known to cause birth defects. While this theory was extrapolated on to topical vitamin A creams like Retin A (as it was one of the original products available), to my knowledge, there have been no known birth defects from the accidental use of Retin A during pregnancy throughout the 20 plus years of it's use. That has sparked some controversy regarding whether women should truly avoid it, but for safety's sake it is still considered prudent to avoid the use of all topical vitamin A products during pregnancy as well as during nursing. Let's face it, nothing is as important as the health of your baby, so it's worth the wait.
Pregnancy & Your Skin Part 1 | DERMAdoctor

It's good to be cautious Oranges! Good for you for being on top of that!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't thank you enough fawnie, I agree. It's only 9 months (well if you ever get pregnant) so why not just wait.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trying. Practicing whatever you want to call it. Since February. Actually I FINALLY might be late on my period. I forgot to keep track but I should know in the next couple days. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooo much quicker with the first little orange
It was more of a surprise.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used to use the la leche website alot but I haven't looked lately. THat's all the sites I went to. Maybe one called/similar to Kelly's mom?? Cant remember I'm really wanting to take a test after this morning. I remember how bad the constipation was with lil orange 1. OH DREADFUL!!! Tmi.

Kama-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts