Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[I have been wearing a lot of make-up for many years but in the last few years eczema has appeared on one eyelid. I have stopped wearing eye make-up and although it has got a bit better, it is still there. The doctors wont recommend any creams because they say it is a sensitive area so now im stuck with what to do. I'm getting married next year and a big red, flakey patch on my eyelid is not going to look good in the photos!! Its really itchy and I just want it to go. Does anyone have any advice please?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had spots of eczema on my face over the years, but never on a spot like that (eyelid). I've always been successful with MK's Intense Moisturizing Cream, but like your doc said, that's a sensitive place... I'd start by giving up the makeup for a while...or at least go hypo-allergenic (Almay carries these).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Eczema or Atopic Dermatitis is a common and frustrating condition for parents and their children.

The main symptom of eczema is an itchy rash, which may be red, rough or irritated, scaly, and oozing. The rash typically begins in early infancy and almost always by age 5 years.

Although the rash does usually come under control and go away with proper treatment, it will likely come back at times. For professional info: click the signatory releaves and choose the view to homepage of Health and beauty

·
Registered
146 Posts
Try drinking goats milk, it should clear it up. It worked very well for my brother. I remember as a kid taking a ride out to the country every weekend to pick up some fresh goats milk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Shame there's no cure for eczema. You could try a new product from Mannatech called Optimal Skin Care System which is water based (doesn't contain any preservatives either) and water is exactly what your dry skin needs. Do a quick search to see if anyone has any experience with the products and eczema

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alot of times eczema, especially in small spots is caused by stress. I owuld first stop the make up and secondly try and destress urself a bit. A cortizone cream should help--you can get them over the counter at the drugstore. I have also been using glove'n care for years...its a hand cream that i get from my dental dealer.. it has helped my eczema and skin problems for the lats couple of years.. i get eczema every once in a while on my legs and hands and within a few days of using glove;n care its usually gone. I know people outside the medical and dental communities can get it. glovencare good luck and let us know what happens! I hope i could help

·
Registered
15 Posts
My brother had eczema and it went away when he used cortisone cream 1% (prescription from the doctor) Have you seen your family doctor about your problem? Because you should, they'll prescribe something for you.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try Calamine Lotion, works great for 'Eczemans'. My twin cousins have eczema and they look great now. It gets kinda cold but you'll have soft nice skin in about a month and a half.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are a number of over-the-counter remedies available from pharmacies to treat eczema including those below. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice on which treatment to use.

* Emollients are moisturisers which soothe, smooth and add water to (hydrate) the skin. They are the most common treatment and should be used every day even if you do not have eczema symptoms. Examples include aqueous cream and E45 cream. You can apply emollients directly to your skin as lotions, creams or ointments. A good time to apply them is just after a bath, while your skin is still slightly moist. Oils or washes are also available, which you can use in the shower or add to a bath.
* Mild steroid creams, such as hydrocortisone (eg Dermacort or Lanacort) can calm flare-ups of eczema by suppressing your body's inflammatory response. You should ask the pharmacist's advice or see your GP before using any steroid cream. The stronger steroids are only available on prescription (see below). You should continue to use emollients at the same time as steroid creams.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are a number of over-the-counter remedies available from pharmacies to treat eczema including those below. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice on which treatment to use.

* Emollients are moisturisers which soothe, smooth and add water to (hydrate) the skin. They are the most common treatment and should be used every day even if you do not have eczema symptoms. Examples include aqueous cream and E45 cream. You can apply emollients directly to your skin as lotions, creams or ointments. A good time to apply them is just after a bath, while your skin is still slightly moist. Oils or washes are also available, which you can use in the shower or add to a bath.
* Mild steroid creams, such as hydrocortisone (eg Dermacort or Lanacort) can calm flare-ups of eczema by suppressing your body's inflammatory response. You should ask the pharmacist's advice or see your GP before using any steroid cream. The stronger steroids are only available on prescription (see below). You should continue to use emollients at the same time as steroid creams.

Ovarian Cysts No More

·
Registered
3 Posts
Presents a comprehensive picture of care, including diagnostic, therapeutic, and psychosocial aspects. The contributors cover basic science and epidemiological aspects of the public health challenge, but maintain a focus on the day to day issues encountered in dealing with affected people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you gone to a dermatologist to get it looked at? They can prescribe you an
eczema cream. Or you can try using some hydocortosine also.

·
Registered
22 Posts
eczema tends to recur. If u need instant relieve,gets advise from ur doctor. Hydrocortisone works well for mild case. For resistance case try tacrolimus 1% ONLY FROM UR DOCTOR THOUGH. hope it helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found an interesting article about wrap therapy for eczema sufferers. It basically consists of soaking in a bath containing emollient oils, applying moisturizer to the skin, and then wrapping the affected areas in bandages soaked in luke-warm water or special moisturizer.

It is supposed to rehydrate the skin, reduce redness and swelling, and to provide itch relief. You can find more information on this in Google (cant put in the link sorry).

1 - 20 of 60 Posts