Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't use my prescription eczema cream anymore, because I found out I have been using WAY too much. It is a steroid cream and if you apply it too much like I did- it messes up your hormones badly. I stopped using it for 3 days and I'm already getting eczema all over my face. I need another non steroid treatment for eczema.

I know a lot of those "natural" cures just don't work. I apply Eucerin to my skin but that isn't helping the eczema. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey...
I have eczema too and i use advantan cream, which is a seroid. but a pretty good cream is epimax. it really works and its fragrance free so it doesnt cause any irritation

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi-
My daughter has suffered with eczema over the years and what I don't like about steroid creams is how it turns the skin white and thins the skin. There are many natural alternatives available but the one I find most effective is an organic shea butter and soy body balm with therapeutic grade essentials orange oil in it. Other people have also stated that it helps to heal up dry patches as well.

Michelle

·
Registered
56 Posts
I haven't had insurance and have been suffering from eczema (inside of my arms, random patches on my leg) for the past year now. Finally I've found something that's actually been working for me: DERMAREST Eczema Medicated lotion. I found it at CVS for $10 and have been slathering it on my arms every chance I get for the past week. They have gotten smoother, the redness is GONE, and so is the itchiness.

I decided to get it after reading the reviews about it on drugstore.com. Check it out here, it's worth a shot: Buy Dermarest Eczema Medicated Lotion Online at drugstore.com

On top of that, drink more water and stay away from perfumey lotions/soaps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have eczema. I've had it since I was a kid. It comes and goes. I am a big health nut and am always trying to improve my healthy eating habits because of allergies and just because I want to feel and look good. So with that said my eczema has been the most stubborn thing to get rid of. We all have heard by now that the Omega 3's and 6 are good for us in fish oils. I recently started taking Carlson Cod live oil and the eczema on my eyelids and chest has improved quite a bit. I do notice that when I start to eat sugary foods it starts to return. So I'm sorry to say that you really have to try and stay away from eating white refined sugar!! I'm a chocolate fiend so it's a struggle. I also upped my water intake to the required 6 to 8 glasses and my skin looks dewier. I also was given a cream from my acupuncturist that has helped tremendously with the itching cause God knows scratching the eczema makes it worse. All of these things together have helped provide some balance and kept me away from steroids which I refuse to put in my body. I'm 47 and my skin looks amazing for an old gal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
has anyone tried Cerva Cream for their eczema? My Derma Dr. has me using a steriod cream but I'm not crazy about the lack of feeling my skin has now from using it. I also noticed that if I stop the steriod the eczema flares up. I have patches of eczema on my eyelides, jawline and hairline.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try NOXZEMA it was originally invented for eczema....look at the name No xzema....makes sense....when I get bad flare ups ..I soak my hands in an oatmeal bath then put noxzema on just like a lotion ...dont wash it off...hope this helps..its a better alternative to steroids

·
Registered
56 Posts
can you be more specific to which noxzema product? I thought they only made face washes...

I went back to dermarest and it cleared it up on my arms in a few days

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used Canesten - a cream for vaginal thrush on my daughter after a suggestion from a pharmacist. Yes a cream for vaginal thrush!!! and it worked!!! I was so desperate that I tried everything just to alleviate her pain!!! It worked!!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would not put noxema on my eczema at all. I feel like just that menthol sensation would irritate it to no end.

I am telling you that dermarest works. You can buy it at any cvs, rite aid..etc. I have thought of trying Cerva but...I don't know yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i use aveeno unsented lotion Dove unsented body wash and the deodorant alse Alls washing detergent. Take lots of vitamins flaxseed oil and fish oils. and wash up with a very little of blech so basicly go on a unsented diet lol i have done this for 2 year and havent had an extreme break out. and it is best when u get out of the shower you dry off in the bathroom will its still stemy and put lotion on quick to lock in moisture. stay away from sented stuff and parfums it has way to much unnecessary chemicals in to that will hurt, burn and itch your skin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I've been working with eczema sufferers for quite some years. I have found this cream that is fantastic and has given a lot of relief to eczema sufferers and is completely natural and steroid free to answer your question. It's an Australian site and it's done wonders for me amd many people I know. It is great for babies with eczema. I found this product by typing thecreme into google

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by theantiagingfacts

Alright, I hope this helps. I used a prescribed (non-steroid) cream & although it doesn't permanently take care of eczema - it does a hell of a lot along the lines of relieving me. I used a product by Taro Pharmeceuticals - Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream. Now, don't try to pronounce that because I'm convinced it is impossible. Copy and print it, then take it to your doc. Hope this helps!

Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream and Ointment for dermatologic use contains the antifungal agent nystatin and the synthetic corticosteroid triamcinolone acetonide

(a quote from the Taro Pharmaceuticals)

This is a steroid cream.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
This is my own made up remedy and I came up with it after I had tried everything for over 7 years.
Buy a bottle of T-Gel therapeutic shampoo, add a very small amount (pea size prox.) on a softfibre cloth, or just tip of your fingers and massage it gently over all the problem areas (avoid eyes), leave it in for a 1 minute or if your skin can take it 2, rinse it out, tap your skin dry and leave it to get some fresh air for prox 5-10 min. after that add you moisturiser, I use johnson Baby soothing naturals intense moisture cream, but don't over do it.
repeat over 4 days morning and evening, then give your skin a bit of break and just clean make up with Aqueous Cream (this cream you can use instead of soap, so if you have very dry skin really recomend it) and wash face with just plain water, I'm not a doctor so I can't tell how often you can repeat this treatment, but one thing you should avoid is the sun for those few days, or apply strong sun lotion when using the shampoo on your face or even your body, it only costs about £3 a bottle from e-bay so not much for trial

Yes it all might sound really weird, but I used it and it has cleared out my scalp face and body, but not everything one tries works with everyone, but it's worth trying

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had eczema since I was little and I've tried all the creams and lotions and all that jazz. I know the natural products are a bit skeptical but this one I use now REALLY works. Its called eczema relief and its made by Nature's Rite. My husband uses their Sleep Apnea Relief which works great too but this cream has worked better than anything I've tried before. I hope it works for you too!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts