Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I didn't know if I should have posted this under Eczema or Acne but I decided to do so here since the Eczema part is a bigger issue. My problem is I have really dry skin on my face and if I don't touch it up with lotion. My skin is a little ashy around my jaw area. Right now I use Vaseline MEN Fast Absorbing Face and Body Lotion and it definitely keeps my skin hydrated, it FEELs perfect. However it doesn't LOOK perfect. I want that simple clear tone on my face that looks non-greasy (it can have a nice healthy oily look to it). The problem about this is that even if I may have dry skin I still (especially recently) get a pimple here and there. Not quiet often but if they come they are pretty big. Especially around the nose area and what bothers me is that I had a big next to my nose and it's gone now but it left a bump which I don't know how to get rid of. Does anybody have any ideas? I was thinking about using Pro Active to get the clear look and use the Lotion after wards cause Pro Active causes very dry skin.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Grate one large block of olive or vegetable oil soap into a basin and add 25 grams of finely chopped herbs, a few drops of essential oil and one tablespoon finely ground oatmeal.Heat gently until they melt and mix well. Take any mould or egg box with waxed paper and pour the soap in it. Use this soap for cleaning your face. It is natural cure for eczema and pimples.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had this problem, especially during the winter months.

I'm like the method described by Sanikhan. In addition to this if your using body soap (dial, irish spring, zest, etc.) to wash your face, try using a soap like Dove or a moisturizing soap instead. This really helped me with my dry skin. If you use a fine grain exfoliant before you moisturize (I use one that has a cooling effect, mint, tiny grains of sand and salt) that will help remove dry skin flakes gently.

I wonder if diet also plays a role in extremely dry skin?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used to have this exact same problem. My problem was because I was ON ProActiv. It was extremely drying, and therefore I would get break outs wherever I had dry skin, which is extremely annoying. Then after reducing its use, I still had dry skin. It had stripped the top layer of my skins lipid bilayer completely.

I found that sometimes just hydrating the skin doesn't fix the problem. It might feel great (like you said) but it can cause either break outs or the moisture won't last all day.

What I'd suggest is the Avene line, which is recommended by dermatologists and studied thoroughly in dermatological literature. Its main claim to fame is using Avene thermal spring water from Avene, France. It is EXTREMELY gentle, thoroughly cleanses, and helps with eczema/acne. You can discover their products by just googling Avene.

What I found worked best for me here for dryness was the Cicalfate cream. It is extremely hydrating and whenever I broke out into a dry patch, I would just dab some on and it would be gone. It can be used for all over the body as well.

Your best to see if it is available in your area and talk to a sales associate about what is best for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try hyaluronic serum! It works almost instantaneously for my eczema. It's the only thing that actually gets rids of it. Apricot moisturizer is good but nothing compared to hyaluronic serum. You can find it for less then 20 bucks on ebay. I hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts