Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!

I used some hair reomval cream 2 days ago to get rid of some hair above my mouth (the dreaded moustache!). The cream says its for sensitive skin and is for use on the face. I've used it many times before and had no reaction or problems. But when I used it just a cuople of days ago, my skin had a huge reaction and still looks awful today!!

I initially put the cream on, then waited a minute and washed it off with water and the hair was still there. So I repeated the process. It started to burn after awhile so I washed it off and my whole upper lip area was bright red and burning!! My skin there is still red (2 days later) and it no longer feels smooth and soft, its red and spotty and rough to touch.

Any ideas??

What should I do??

I have no idea what to do!

Has this ever happened to you?

What should I do??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the skin surface probably just got damaged and should heal itself in a week or two. Just dont use any products on your face for awhile. I think you will be okay. But if it gets worse or doesnt heal, go see a doc!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm stumped. Check the shelf life of your product. It may be expired or have been exposed to extreme temperatures that caused it to go bad early. Depending on your complexion try bleaching or tweezing the hairs. To rest your skin. ....just don't wax that surface any time soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
HELP!

I used some hair reomval cream 2 days ago to get rid of some hair above my mouth (the dreaded moustache!). The cream says its for sensitive skin and is for use on the face. I've used it many times before and had no reaction or problems. But when I used it just a cuople of days ago, my skin had a huge reaction and still looks awful today!!

I initially put the cream on, then waited a minute and washed it off with water and the hair was still there. So I repeated the process. It started to burn after awhile so I washed it off and my whole upper lip area was bright red and burning!! My skin there is still red (2 days later) and it no longer feels smooth and soft, its red and spotty and rough to touch.

Any ideas??

What should I do??

I have no idea what to do!

Has this ever happened to you?

What should I do??
How are you doing now? How's the lip?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Try Aquaphor by Eucerin. I love it....so many uses!

Info from site: Aquaphor® actually helps reduce healing time of cracked, dry, damaged skin and minor burns.* It’s been recommended to patients by dermatologists and pediatricians as daily therapy for extra-dry skin on elbows, heels, feet and hands. Aquaphor’s gentle, soothing formulation is so safe you can even use it on babies’ tender skin. It is hypoallergenic and won’t clog pores. And it is fragrance-free and preservative-free, so it won’t irritate even damaged or ultra-sensitive skin.

Aquaphor is useful for many everyday situations, and is suitable for both the body and the face. Read on to find out more.

If you have skin problems or a special need...
Use Aquaphor in these situations to:
• Help heal cracked, dry, damaged, irritated skin
• Prevent diaper rash*
• Soothe chapped, raw skin on babies’ cheeks and chin due to drooling
• Help heal minor burns and abrasions
• Help heal chapped lips– even chapped, cracked lips caused by Accutane® acne treatment**
• Soothe severe flare-ups of dry skin associated with Atopic Dermatitis
• Accelerate healing after laser resurfacing or chemical peels*
• Speed the healing of skin damaged and irritated by radiation therapy
• Prevent chafing caused by running marathons or long distances

Here's the link to learn more: Eucerin. The source for serious skin care. Aquaphor helps heal skin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts