Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i asking 1 question that is stupid i know
ihave nvr done efoxiliation. i saw u guys talking abt it. so i want to know abt it. and i want to ask is there any home remedies for efoxilation. i dont want to try any chemical product as my skin is sensitive.
plzz help me

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's a great question, you've come to the right place! Since you are new to exfoliation it is very smart of you to ask before you do anything. There are so many types and brands of exfoliation out there just about anyone could choose the wrong one. Before I recommend anything could you tell me a little more about your skin's condition? I really want to help you as best as I can without recommending something potentially harmful. How sensitive is your skin, is it red right now? Is your skin more oily or dry. Do you have any blackheads or visible broken blood vessels? How about prescriptions like Retin-A, do you use anything like that?

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
hi guys i asking 1 question that is stupid i know
ihave nvr done efoxiliation. i saw u guys talking abt it. so i want to know abt it. and i want to ask is there any home remedies for efoxilation. i dont want to try any chemical product as my skin is sensitive.
plzz help me
Well, what I use to exfoliate is a baby brush. The kind of brush you would use to brush a babies head. The bristles are very gentle. You could also use a micro fiber cloth. Both of these work well and without chemicals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
myskin is lill sensitive and lill oily, i have sm mall bumps on my cheeks not so many, but i have .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great question, there are natural products out there but a home remedy is always great! so here goes the recipe,
Body Scrub:
Honey 1 tbs
sugar 4 tbs
Teas flakes I use mint from 2 tea bags
Olive oil 3 tbs
this makes a great body scrub and now for the face!
honney and sugar with a bit of lemon does the trick but one of my great tipos is cut the top of the tomato off and dip it in sugar and using the green thing on top scrub on face! tomatoe is VERY healthy for the skin and it works out as a great exfoliant!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would be careful with using tomato on your face if you have sensitive skin. I'm a newb here so I don't want to be presumptuous but tomatoes can make people with sensitive break out around the mouth sometimes, so using it as a scrubber might not work very well. The recipe looks pretty good, though

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I would be careful with using tomato on your face if you have sensitive skin. I'm a newb here so I don't want to be presumptuous but tomatoes can make people with sensitive break out around the mouth sometimes, so using it as a scrubber might not work very well. The recipe looks pretty good, though
Welcome to the site......my favorite hiking spot is near your town....Panther Creek Trail

·
Registered
24 Posts
myskin is lill sensitive and lill oily, i have sm mall bumps on my cheeks not so many, but i have .
for somewhat oily skin, I would start with a very simple scrub. Add some salt or sugar to a moisturizer suited to oily skin. Or you could buy a scrub. I would stay away from St. Ives, honesty. The scrubbers can be a little jagged. Looking at slides of your skin cells, you can actually see what looks like cat scratches on the surface. And stay away from scrubs with the little plastic beads...because all that plastic going down the drain cannot possibly be a good thing. The Body Shop has a good seaweed based scrub for combination skin, or you can get anything that says they use natural exfoliants like oats or crushed seeds.

Exfoliation is important, but you should only use a scrub 2-3 times a week, you don't want to aggravate your skin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to the site......my favorite hiking spot is near your town....Panther Creek Trail
I've done some hiking near the falls, but I have yet to hike panther creek! Hopefully Jeff (husband) and I will get to do that later this spring

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Bee,
Welcome! What do you think about using honey for skincare?? Manuka honey is one of my favorite things for everything from masks to snacks.
I use it on my damp skin and keep spritzing it with mineral water to keep it moist then rinse off after a while. It seems to be a great exfoliator. Your thoughts?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Bee,
Welcome! What do you think about using honey for skincare?? Manuka honey is one of my favorite things for everything from masks to snacks.
I use it on my damp skin and keep spritzing it with mineral water to keep it moist then rinse off after a while. It seems to be a great exfoliator. Your thoughts?
Fawnie- I have to tell you, I did an little honey mask Thursday night! OMG, I had it everywhere- including in my hair! My family wanted to take a picture of me and post it so you guys could get a laugh....or two. I ended up locking myself in my bathroom until my time was up, just to get away from their heckling! It was quite the sight though, I must admit-
But the results were worth it!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Rat - LOL, did you mix it with anything?' Lucky for you honey rinses out easily! Not like taradene and the Brazilian experiment. OMG.

The instructions on the manuka honey site state that the active healing ingredients are only effective if the honey is kept moist. I've been using a warm moist muslin cloth to keep it moist on my face and spritzing with water occasionally.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bee,
Thanks for the welcome!

Honey is great for your skin, I agree. There are several reasons: It's a good source of some vitamins (Mostly B Vits.), but additionally, it's a nice, natural sugar. Sugar is an acid, believe it or not, but a very gentle one. Making it a nice natural alternative to a chemical peel. Also it is very soothing to irritated tissue, so sensitive skin types are more prone to do well with it than with other options.

·
Administrator
33,766 Posts
Rat - LOL, did you mix it with anything?' Lucky for you honey rinses out easily! Not like taradene and the Brazilian experiment. OMG.

The instructions on the manuka honey site state that the active healing ingredients are only effective if the honey is kept moist. I've been using a warm moist muslin cloth to keep it moist on my face and spritzing with water occasionally.
oh of course I didn't mix it with anything!! should I have? lol. yes, it did wash up easily.

I will try the muslin cloth next time. I used to use that when I would put on a clay mask. This night I was in a hurry, and that is what happens when I try and rush through things, all hell breaks loose! But it was quite the sight!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i m thinking of buying walnut scrub from market. there is herbal brand they sell all product at good price and they dont do animal testing,
it ll cost me only 4$

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think walnuts are too harsh on your skin. Personally i would stick to a mix of virgin olive oil and brown sugar. Simple but so effective really leaves your skin feeling soft.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honey, I also heard, is great for facial care and moisturizing, but for exfoliating...? I'm not sure it exfoliates. One easy face exfoliation recipe I heard of is cooked oatmeal. I don't think it would be too terribly hard on your skin, but you might want to research it a bit more before you try it if your skin is sensitive. Also, baking soda. If you mix it with water until it is like a thick cream, you can scrub it gently on your face, leave it on for twenty minutes, and rinse it off. I would really research this too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts