1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrinkles Gone With Inexpensive Skin Cancer Cream, Skin Care Treatment

If I used this stuff it would ONLY be spot treatment wow this is narly

Efudex Pictures

I have one spot on my arm that concerns me and I know I may need a derm but I wonder if I could spot treat it with this stuff. At least on my arm I can hide it

Has anyone ever used this stuff?

I am afraid it would have to be a last resort. I think I will get a strong TCA and see if I can burn the spot off. Geesh this is NAAAASTY
http://myefudex.com/1.html

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I did--for wrinkles but only as a test and on spots like you. I had discussed it with Periwinkle on another thread or perhaps it was pms actually. It is a cream used to treat acitinin keratoses (these are rough scaly pre-cancerous lesions like liver spots but rough). It will irritate and then remove them. It is 5-FU or 5-flourouracil cream which is used internally as well to treat cancer, it is a chemo drug and the topical is very effective at reversing abnormal growth. This is theoretically why it would be a good wrinkle fighter as wrinkles arguably can be considered abnormal collagen production or lack of it. 5-FU seems to restore a normal action to collagen. Remember, cancer is abnormally rapid growth of cells.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Wow this poor guy went thru about 4 months of H#$$!! The end result was pretty amazing!!
The oozing bloody part, i don't think I could handle looking at on a daily basis.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
OMG..... I would die I think, if I had to go thru that kind of healing! But to get rid of pre-cancerous areas?? I'd do it, I guess if it were a last resort. Both of my parents were prescribed some god awful strong cream probably like this for pre-cancerous and cancerous spots on their arms and face. Neither used it all over like this guy did. I have some tiny spots on my face that I'm sure are pre-cancerous-or something. Small, raised areas. They are white/or skin colored and very hard. One might mistake them for a pimple until you look closeup. I have used 30% TCA 3 times on the little bump on my chin and it has decreased in size, (it's not nearly as raised as before) but not gone away. I will have to wait for a derm. appt until we get to the UK. It takes MONTHS here in NM to get a referral. @@ Just when I notice moles/spots that look concerning to me, we're about to leave and I have to wait since none are that "alarming" to my PCP.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Is anybody brave enough to order it from ADC??? LOL Not me first!!! Horrifying!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Wow this poor guy went thru about 4 months of H#$$!! The end result was pretty amazing!!
The oozing bloody part, i don't think I could handle looking at on a daily basis.
Totally agree!!! WOW!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Ok so today I had an appt with a Derm who specializes in female hair loss (whole different issue
) anyways while I was waiting this sweet little lady came in and sat down. She was 73 and is being treated with Efudex. Her forehead looked EXACTLY like this mans picture!! Broke my heart . I y had a short convo with her, but she said it has been a VERY LONG painful experience-
she was the sweetest thing, before I left I gave her a big hug!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It is a very effective but painful treatment. It does NOT eat away at normal skin. The beauty of 5-FU is that it is specific to abnormal cell division and works to normalise it. For example they used to only use Kenalog 10, 20 or 40 (a steroid injection) to treat scarring be it dermal scarring, like hypertrophic or keloid, or intralesional (like by a bone internally where you can feel but not see). The problem was that Kenalog, Triamcinolone acetonide, is not specific or targetted and as such would and could leave large indentations and what is known as lypodystrophy (fat atrophy) or skin atrophy. On the other hand 5-FU, the active ingredient in Efudex as well as a potent internal chemo drug, in liquid form will actually go into the same injectable areas as kenalog and will ONLY affect the abnormal skin which is what scarring is, abnormal skin collagen. In cream form if you placed this on very healthy normal skin you will get little if any reaction but the more abnormal your skin growth is the more significant reaction will occur. Usually right after use you will see more reactions than you saw lesions to begin with, this is hidden or pending abnormal growths.

It is a great cream for uncovering damage present and pending!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
OMG!!!...how can this be good for your skin?!...It's like a burn
... I would get a mini-face lift and use RA before I did this!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I am familiar with the cream and have mentioned on another thread that my husband used it over the whole top of his head for actinic keratosis. He used Carac and in fact is on it again for just a couple spots. His head did not get that bad. He had some redness and peeling but nothing disgusting, and it did not hurt him a lot but obviously he was fortunate. The end result was that it removed all his age spots with the exception of a couple and the top of his head is smooth and soft. He's bald on top. Love my bald guy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am smack in the middle of this treatment and am haveing a hard time finding good aftercare information. My doctor, sadly, is not that well versed, but I've asked several friends who have gone through this treatment and they suggest aquafor after rinsing to hold in the moisture. If you do this, BE SURE TO KEEP IT AWAY FROM YOUR EYES. Somehow, it must have gotten too close to my eyes and I spent 2 days with mostly swollen-shut eyes and had to take steroids to relieve the puffiness, and then an antibiotic for the blisters just in case I might get an infection. I put on the cream for 10 out of the recommended 12 days and am now crusting. Yuk. Did it on my chest, too, which has had a much more mild reaction. It's brutal, but for a few weeks of pain, I would rather know that I've gotten the pre-cancerous cells. Spray tanning from now on! And, I hate hats, but I suppose they are necessary.

Does anyone have any suggestions about combining vitamin E creme with grapeseed oil (after all of this is over)? I'm very naive about really good skin care for dry, aging skin and I live in a super dry climate. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
has anyone here had a face lift or eye surgery?
WTF? Are you trying to be irritating, or are you new to message boards, or are you trying to get your post count up? You HAVE a tube of Efudex (sp) and don't know anything about it?
Also, I'm married, I'm American, and please stay out of my PMs. Thank you.
Sorry if I'm being totally b!tchy, but seriously....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts