Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this site used either the dermawand, suzanne sommers face master or the new stimulator called "nuface".. I was wondering about the rave reviews on the nuface.. But concerned about the electronic impulses of electromagnetic field and electricity into facial area. ..... Any comments?i tried the derma wand and found my complexion glowing, adjusting to my skincare products and tightening effect, heard the other two are better.. Returned the first waiting for opinions.. Donna

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Donna
Here's a review of Nuface I gleaned for you. Nu Face... Does it work?

There's another one called STOP that ppl are raving about, just to make your choices more difficult. i haven't used any of them, but once had a facial when she used some sort of galvanic device and it felt like the circulation was revved up. I liked it, but I didn't have it routinely so can't swear it did anything other than feel good.

Let us know what you think!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fawnie..
THanks for info.. Great... now I may have to cancel the nuface.. lol... What i am really asking is do you hear since its the electromagnetic field; ie.. cell phones, microwaves, and its being placed directly on the cells of your face, would you think it could be dangerous???

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi LaDonna

I found an FDA approval for one device, which classifies it under "electrical nerve stimulators". Whether it is effective for anti-ageing is not determined, but it does seem to be safe.http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf4/K040871...%20electrical%

When I worked in neurosurgery the electrical nerve stimulators were widely used for pain control and the leads were placed next to the spinal cord! Of course, that was under the supervision of neurosurgeons and anesthesiologists....but it does seem to be generally regarded as safe.

Hope this is of some help!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi, I using Derma Wand I work very good no side effects and if you follow directions is safe and the price is good.
I've seen those derma wands on HSN and wondered about improved circulation helping stimulate colagen production and increase firmess? Have you noticed that it did so in your case? I wouldn't want to waste money on a product that merely makes my skin feel good.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i used one of these devices called CLEO11 ,it does work,but its a daily routine and i became concerned that over the long term it may be doing more harm than good.
i,m sure that over stimulation of facial muscles cannot be good in the long term.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well this is a good topic, I'm not using a beauty device (not an EMS either ) Electrical muscle stimulator but I do have one! I am using an 'accupuncture machine. I am seeing some positive results too, I use it every second day for 1/2 an hr. my wrinlkes are not so deep, It seems to be "perking up" my rather laking skin tone. In other words I can't completely describe it but it is making a noticeable change as several friends have noticed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts