Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

My name is Este. I'm 26 with fairly normal skin. Living in the harsh climate of South Africa, I'm concerned about SPF in creams and usually use a face cream with SPF 15, but I layer a plain SPF 30 over it, just in case.

I see Elizabeth Arden has a sun cream with SPF 50. Does anyone perhaps know whether one can use this cream as a face cream - so I don't have to layer? Or is it not sufficient hydration?

Or does anyone know how effective an SPF 15 is? It seems so low to me?

Any reviews on 8 hour creams would be much appreciated. It's a very confusing market out there!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Estee and welcome to the site. I went looking on the estee lauder american site and couldn't find the product. maybe keep checking the sites? But if it does not say for face and body I would not put it on my face. Did you ever think of maybe a nother brand of sunscreen? I wear Vichy spf 60 and love it. Maybe that is something you could consider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

Thanks for the reply. May I ask, do you put the Vichy straight on your skin or do you also use another moisturizer?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yes I do use another moisturizer, wait two minutes then I put on the vichy about 1/2 hour before I need to step out of the house. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You are very welcome! ...But I will suggest that you pick up a few samples to try, and find one that you like. The Vichy leaves a nice sheen, but some people may not like it. I do like it, but with an erray of samples, you can find one that you like that will fit your budget.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'll try it out. My concern is just layering a moisturizer, then a sunscreen then a foundation as well. I worry it gets a bit much for my skin. That's why I was hoping to combine a moisturizer with an SPF that's higher than 15. But it seems that it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Ya know you are right, I myself have not found any. I rarely use foundation so it's not a big issue for me, but for some I can see the concern. Heaven knows you might like that sheen I was talking about with the Vichy so much you'll forgo the fondation, give it a try if you can get the samples. I hope this works out for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oooh you're one of the lucky ones!
I'm gonna go beg a few samples off my local stockist. Maybe I also get to be one of the dewy-faced chosen few. Hehe.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You wanna know what I use? a bit of clarins "instant smooth perfecting touch - it's a primer and I only use it on my eye lids when I wear eye shadow, lips when I wear lip stick but I always wear it on my enlarged pores ( I have a couple on the apple of my cheeks) between the that and the sheen from the vichy I think I look healthy, no need for fondation. hope that helps you out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts