Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also am new here, but certainly not new to skin care products and have a question and then a comment.

1. I am wondering if it is safe to buy products on e-bay at 1/2 or even less the price of retail. To my mind most packaging is easily duplicated and certainly with a computer and a laser printer - lables would be easy enough to counterfit. I recently bought the Torricelumn essence from the Shopping Channel 4 oz for $170.00 CAN and now see it on e-bay for $70.00 CAN. At $70.00 per item, it would seem to be a lucertive enough business to invest the time and energy in arranging for a company in China to knock it off and ship to Canada/US for pennies per bottle. Is it possible that you bought a knock off? Given that several months ago it was discovered that the Crest toothpaste selling in dollar stores across the country contained harmful ingredients - it was discovered to be a China made knockoff containing poision to make it look and smell like crest - and that sold for a few bucks not $170.00. LOL I think I just talked myself out of buying creams and potions that I could not tell from the real thing from less than authorized sources. I would like to hear if anyone has any comments or experiences good or bad by buying from the net.

2. As for the Grant products, I tried them some time ago and found them sticky and much too rich for my skin, so I sent them back to the Shopping Channel for a full refund (one advantage to buying from a reputal site). Ironically, I didn't realize that the Toricelumn trial vials that were included had ended up at the back of the cupboard and there they remained for more than a year. I recently discovered them and decided to give them a try. I have a nasty brown mask on my cheeks, chin and upper lip, they tell me from menopause onset but I am still convinced that it was brought on by dermabrassion that I had done several times over the past couple of years. In any event I have tried all kinds of lightening potions etc. and nothing made much difference, until I put on the Torricelumn essence and after a week it would seem to be more than 1/2 as light!!!! The trial vial ran out and I therefore invested in a 4oz bottle to see if it really could help remove the beast off my face, so far only 2nd day of my real trial. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post again about the results. As a business lawyer I think I am naturally and certainly trained to be cynical so if it impresses me then I will be truly surprised and delighted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi! No problem with the double posting.

Like you, I have learned to question the authenticity/quality/strength of items bought from "other" sources. Even had a problem with a hair conditioner bought from the authentic store. The product had been half used then diluted with half water, without the store's knowledge. The "user" returned the product for a full refund. The store put the bottle back on their shelf for resale and I was the unlucky purchaser of very watery hair conditioner. The store stood behind its product and gave me an instant exchange! All of the above is merely intelligent speculation by the store owners. I'd been buying this same conditioner for years and never had a problem before--or since.

Now, as to EG, I'm a big fan after getting results in a matter of days. The shopping channel offers "specials" on a regular basis so that is how I've been able to save money.

Keep us posted on your results, please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also am new here, but certainly not new to skin care products and have a question and then a comment.

1. I am wondering if it is safe to buy products on e-bay at 1/2 or even less the price of retail. To my mind most packaging is easily duplicated and certainly with a computer and a laser printer - lables would be easy enough to counterfit. I recently bought the Torricelumn essence from the Shopping Channel 4 oz for $170.00 CAN and now see it on e-bay for $70.00 CAN. At $70.00 per item, it would seem to be a lucertive enough business to invest the time and energy in arranging for a company in China to knock it off and ship to Canada/US for pennies per bottle. Is it possible that you bought a knock off? Given that several months ago it was discovered that the Crest toothpaste selling in dollar stores across the country contained harmful ingredients - it was discovered to be a China made knockoff containing poision to make it look and smell like crest - and that sold for a few bucks not $170.00. LOL I think I just talked myself out of buying creams and potions that I could not tell from the real thing from less than authorized sources. I would like to hear if anyone has any comments or experiences good or bad by buying from the net.

2. As for the Grant products, I tried them some time ago and found them sticky and much too rich for my skin, so I sent them back to the Shopping Channel for a full refund (one advantage to buying from a reputal site). Ironically, I didn't realize that the Toricelumn trial vials that were included had ended up at the back of the cupboard and there they remained for more than a year. I recently discovered them and decided to give them a try. I have a nasty brown mask on my cheeks, chin and upper lip, they tell me from menopause onset but I am still convinced that it was brought on by dermabrassion that I had done several times over the past couple of years. In any event I have tried all kinds of lightening potions etc. and nothing made much difference, until I put on the Torricelumn essence and after a week it would seem to be more than 1/2 as light!!!! The trial vial ran out and I therefore invested in a 4oz bottle to see if it really could help remove the beast off my face, so far only 2nd day of my real trial. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post again about the results. As a business lawyer I think I am naturally and certainly trained to be cynical so if it impresses me then I will be truly surprised and delighted.
you should try the VIT C range it is also really good at fading brown spots etc. love it it is sold in Australia on the shopping channel, they have great deals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Morning! I ordered Elizabeth's show stopper on the shopping channel last weekend. I always get the showstopper and love every bit of it. I also ordered her "surprise box" and everything I got I have never tried before so I am excited. I did get the vitamin C night serum and the vitamin C day treatment. I LOVE the day treatment! I just finished my biocollasis day cream (I have another jar in the cupboard) but I thought I would try the vit c day cream just to see and I do love it. It is very light and absorbs almost instantly. For a day cream it is great, but, because I am 55 and have been using her day cream for years, I wonder if the vit c will be able to surpress the wrinkles like the biocallasis - I will keep you all posted.
I just want to say that if you like hard milled soap, then try her 3 pack of soaps. They are huge and smell beautiful and last forever. The 3 pack is $19.99.
Cheers! Joanne.

·
Registered
9 Posts
well I decided to take the plunge and got a 2nd bottle of theTorricelumn essence 120 ml and only paid $35.00 canadian, it smells, looks and feels the same, so damn but even I can't refuse getting a product for $35 that cost me $180 with delivery. I am even going to return the $180 product back for a full refund. On with the report on the product, it certainly isn't causing any harm to my face. It still appears to be making a difference to the brown patchs but I will wait to see if the results are real as opposed to wishful thinking. I was really luck with genetics and at 48 still don't have wrinkles to deal with but I did have those awful lines running from my nose to the corners of my mouth - but that was easily corrected with restilin about 2 years ago, with beautiful results and no ill effects. I am still convinced that the brown mask was a result of the dermabrasion and more like a scab that just remained and smoth skin covered. I don't know if that is possible but in some areas the brown is such a straight line between the brown and the normal tone and seems to be more prevelant in the areas where the dermabrasion was done more vigorously. Has anyone else had any simlar results? I asked my doctor about it and of course he adamantly insisted that it was not possible, but I still wonder.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I seen her on a popular tv shopping network..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I posted 3 weeks ago that I had started using Elizabeth Grant products and thought I would give a follow-up.

First off, I have to say that this stuff lasts a LONG time. You do not need to use much and if you DO use a lot...your face will be sticky.

Secondly, my face and hands are soft as baby skin! They feel amazing. The wrinkles around my eyes have disappeared (due to the deep hydration possibly). The wrinkles on my forehead were much deeper. I have 3 deep lines and they are not "as deep". I do notice a difference...just in the past couple of days. It took all this time to see the difference in the forehead. I apply the serums religiously. As I sit and watch tv, I reapply. It feels so nice on the skin!

I bought my "kit" as a show stopper from the shopping channel and I got VERY good value for my dollar. I will definitely stock up when they have it that cheap again...but, don't buy it full price....they will have it on sale at LEAST two times per year and like I said....this stuff lasts a long time.

My favourites are the AM and PM serum, eye serum, torricelum essence and the ultimate cellular concentrate.

Bonus: no strong scent or sensitivity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just my update and some thoughts, the brown patches are definately fading fast!!! I am begining to be convinced that the reason the lightening creams didn't work is because it was not a cellular change that caused the disclouration but rather a long term deep scar. More akin to a carpet burn that doesn't scab over enought to dry up and peel off but just enough damage - that healthy skin just grows over it and it remains. So much for the opinions of very good dermatologist
I am a lawyer and not a dermetologist so my opinions are not worth much in this area, just simple observations, however I have used many of the high tech creams for various ailments such as wrinkles etc. and have a healthy respect to the technolgy however in my opinion the Elizabeth Grant products from a sophisticated high tech point of view are not even in the same class of products. Having said that they work for a significant portion of women and it is my opinion that the reason for this is relatively simple. Many of the products that are designed to eliminate wrinkles do the job very effectively, however in conjunction with doing the job they also cause side effects such as irritation and drying and even thinning the skin. So many people are not happy with the results in the end not because the product failed but because the results are downgraded in the overall result. To my mind the Grant products leave your skin looking smooth, healthy and dewy and issues such as wrinkles may not really be addressed but because the overall effect is good the wrinkles are not noticable as the skin around them is healthier looking. To my simple and uneaducated mind what is really needed is a regime that allows for the hightech creams to do the job and then another product to compensate for the resulting injury to the skin and that I haven't found yet in one product. Its the same idea as dermabrasion (whether through phisical scraping, lazering or chemical reaction) the result is good becasue the treatment causes enough damage to the skin to remove several of the layers and after the scab,burn, reaction has healed the new skin is younger firmer and the wrinkles have not become deep set yet. As my doctor explained to me if there isn't enough damage to cause for new growth then the result will be less. The problem with this is the same as the products, yes you get less wrinkles but there are other side effects and the results become a question of balance. If the wrinkles were not that significant but the skin being dry was the problem then the results will not be particularly spectacular and in the end you go through the process to be where you started wrinkles not that significant but the normally dry skin is irritated and the overal effect is tired old looking skin. That in a nutshell has been what I have learned about skincare, so if a lowtech approach such as soap and water and a good hydrator works better for you then the hightech wrinkles creams that may be why.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts