Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm using Emu oil twice daily to make my scars fade. Would it fade faster if I also used Vitamin C?

Thanks;D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I came off a motoped in Thailand and broke my lower jaw and chin and had several nasty scars under my jaw and used Kela-cote which is what a PS recommended and it worked better than Emu-oil though I still have scars, they are just flat and less noticeable now.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Mariepop--my scars are three years old and I treated them and they definitely got lighter and flattened but I still am considering full face laser to even them out more, so yes it works on older scars. I have never seen it in the drugstore, just got it from a plastic surgeon I saw about the scarring. You may want to just call local dermatologists or plastic surgeons and ask if they have it, they would be more than happy to sell it to you I am sure.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Right now I'm using Emu oil twice daily to make my scars fade. Would it fade faster if I also used Vitamin C?

Thanks;D
You could take Vit C orally, I can't say that applying a Vit C serum would help much on a scar, if that is what you meant.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I do not like Mederma! Scarzone is a bit better but Kela-Cote is the best I have tried when it comes to topical scar reduction . I have even used the silicone strips. Kela-Cote is liquid silicone which hardens like a liquid bandage over your scar and is invisible and stays on all day until washed off. I kept my scars occluded (covered) in this for 3 or 4 months and achieved significant improvement!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could take Vit C orally, I can't say that applying a Vit C serum would help much on a scar, if that is what you meant.
Yes, that's what I meant
. I've been planning on making my own Vit C serum for a while, but I haven't had time yet. Until I've made my own Vit C serum, where's the cheapest place to get it? Samples etc.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yes, that's what I meant
. I've been planning on making my own Vit C serum for a while, but I haven't had time yet. Until I've made my own Vit C serum, where's the cheapest place to get it? Samples etc.
Its expensive to buy a decent one. Really you don't need much to make a basic C serum. That is what you should do. Just get what you need to make a basic one. L-ascorbic acid, glycerin, and distilled water is all you need. Maybe PH strips, but that is it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts