Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used Emu oil for the first time there and love it. Its one of the best moisturizers I've ever used. Recommend it to anyone who hasn't used it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like Emu Oil as well. When my skin gets really dry or red, I'll put some oil on the affected areas before bed. I find it makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I have not tried emu oil and am very curious. Do you happen to know - what part of the animal is it from? I have heard that some people are troubled by the odor? Does it have a meaty aroma or is that because folks get a cheaper brand that doesn't keep well?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The small jar I got smelled all right when I opened it -- it was recommended to me to use on a sore -- I used it a couple of times and the next time it smelled a bit off. Maybe it should be refrigerated.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have not tried emu oil and am very curious. Do you happen to know - what part of the animal is it from? I have heard that some people are troubled by the odor? Does it have a meaty aroma or is that because folks get a cheaper brand that doesn't keep well?
Mireckca. It smells like fried chicken to me....Since the emu has to be killed for its oil/fat, I stay away from it. I have heard there is a highly purified brand that doesn't smell as "chicken-y".

Squalene oil (from olives, not the kind from shark) is a good alternative.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts