Skin Care Talk banner

521 - 540 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love Mitchell products too. I have used lemonvate and Lighten up in the past and I never had problem and of course very cheap.
Lol I should be... They are so cheap effective and have never ever ever ever given me a single problem.. and they have gels serums and creams.. for different skin types... Like I always tell me order from website or a trusted supplier...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for these lovely tips. I am trying to get an extra two shades lighter (really just to see how light I can go)and I have gotten stuck at an NC42 ish. I used to be NC50/55. So I have gotten some RA and will add it to my skincare regimen. I have also started the LA cream in conjuction with my skin lighteners.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey! I've used carolight for like 5 days and my face is red! Can anyone tell me why???I'm just a newbie trying to match my dark face to my very yellow neck and body.:mecry:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey everyone hope your enjoying your weekend

I'm sorry for this long post I have a lot of questions lol
I'm not new to skin lightening but I need some advice. I used to be on Obagi Nuderm but its quiet expensive and I didn't like the bleached look HQ gave me, I tried to counteract it with Vit C but any that I tried didn't seem to make any difference. I would like to try the natural route to lighten my skin but I'm not against trying HQ again. I would say my tone at the moment is NC50 but some parts of my body are naturally lighter I would like to lighten to NC45 overall .

Current routine face AM: carotein serum mixed with kojic acid dipalmitate, carotein gel, sun block
Current routine face PM: carotein serum mixed with kojic acid dipalmitate, carotein gel, tretinon 0.1

Its been over two months and I've seen a slight improvement I know natural products take a longer time to start working but do you think this routine will be effective enough to achieve my goal or can I add anything to make it more effective?

I know members have had good results with Kojic acid soap but when I tried it I think it was burning my skin looked darker, also I don't like using soaps on my face as I suffer from mild acne and my dermatologist advised me against it (because it strips the skin of its natural oils).

I do weekly LA 40% Peels, I have been doing these for over 6 months I'm not sure if its really making a difference. Should I try a stronger strength or try Glycolic weekly peels instead?

On my body I am currently just using Amlactin lotion as I want to exfoliate first but I'm not sure what good exfoliating soap I can add and what natural lotion I could use after. Do you have any suggestions?
Like most of us here I am considerably concerned with darker knuckles should I use my natural lightening products on my knuckles and AHA cream plus a series of mild peels?
My sis is currently using a cream from insta k_medabeaute a London mixologist who claims her products are natural, she has lightened about 3 shades and looks very even however the creams are quiet expensive and I'm worried about what they contain. Has anyone ever used her products?

Apologies again for the long post looking forward to hear your suggestions. P.S I live in the UK

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a quick thread giving you tips on how to enhance lightening products that don't seem to be working or work very slowly. Lightening takes a lot of time and money and it can be irritating to buy a hyped up product only to realize it takes ages to "kick in". Here are some tips to boost your product:

1. LA lotion. LA lotion is my best friend, it will boost most products and make them much more effective than using the product by itself. SImply apply your DIY or store bought LA lotion, wait 2-3 minutes for it to sink in then apply your lightener. The same method can be applied with GA as well (assuming your skin can handle GA, it is a tad bit stronger than LA and will burn if abused)

2. RA - Retin A also enhances the performance of lighteners. For all the HQ fans dermatologists recommend HQ/RA formulations as one of the best recipes for skin lightening. RA syncs with HQ like peanut butter and jelly
.... If you are a first time RA user, always start with a low percentage (0.025) and work your way up. Use only at night and always wear sunscreen.

3. GPO - Green Peeling oil is a great skin peeler, once used correctly. It will take away the dead skin and allow your lightener to penetrate easier.

4. Occluding - Occluding is great for hard to lighten areas such as hands/knuckles/feet and will allow the lightener to penetrate better.NOTE: I do not advise occluding with acids. Many persons on here have tried occluding with kojie san, LA etc and ended up getting burnt. Stick to regular lighteners.

5. Chemical Peels - LA and SA peels give great results when done over a period of time. A series of peels are best, one peel will not give you the results you desire. I got great results from doing a peel once every week, breaking for two weeks and starting again. If you aren't accustomed to peels start with a low concentration and work your way up, read the sticky on LA peels before attempting one. Do this in the cooler months of fall and winter i

6. Serums - Serums are usually very concentrated and work great to boost your cream and lotion. Add one or two bottles.

7. Use gels instead of creams - When looking for a face regimen gel based products are almost always stronger than the cream version.

8. If you prefer layering over mixing, always layer products according to their consistency for best results. As a rule of thumb the liquid/lighter products are applied first so serum/oil - gel - lotion - cream.

9. Take your supplements everyday and eat healthy - promoting clear skin from the inside out is very important. Drink lots of water and increase your intake of green and leafy vegetables. For HQ users liver cleanses and detoxes can be quite helpful.

10. Combine lightening ingredients - This rings especially true for those who DIY products. Some good combinations are HQ/KA, Arbutin/KA, HQ/Sepiwhite, Sepiwhite/Arbutin, Arbutin/Niacinamide, Azelaic Acid/Licorice/Arbutin

11. Apply vitamin C serum in the mornings. This enhances the protection of your sunscreen.

Disclaimer: These are methods that have worked for ME. Depending on your skin type you may need to tweak some of the tips. Every situation is different. HTH
thank you that very helpful.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hello guys I have mixed my 88% lactic acid with my Jergens lotion. I have made about 10% Lactic acid lotion now if I continuously rub on my feet and hands should I peel cause I’ve been doing it for a while and I haven’t really seen much a difference. The only place that has really peeled is inbetween my fingers they are White AF :( which I don’t like cause my fingers are much darker than inbetween my fingers so my hands look worse LOL help ? Also as for my body I’m just not peeling I usually apply my lactic acid lotion first than few minutes later I than apply my lightening lotion . Am I not doing something ?

521 - 540 of 542 Posts