Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the hugest pores ever. They're so big that someone has actually asked me what are those holes in your face. Anyways, does anyone have any tips for enlarged pores maintainence.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have heard that LED photomodulation can reduce pore size, however, I do not know of anyone that has actually had it done.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just posted a thread that can help with enlarged pores. Its in the Skin Care section under the title Home-made:Skin Toner. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Large pores can be hereditary so sometimes there isn't to much you can do. Othertimes it's because it's filled with to much dirt, dead skincells, oil etc - to keep your pores clean exfoliate once or twice a week with something like baking soda.

Using face sauna's (e.g. getting a pot of boiling water and leaning over it with a towel over your head) with a bit of apple cider vinegar before you cleanse will allow your cleanser to go deeper into your pores to remove dirt, and oil.

Jojoba oil is a great moisturizer for combination skin and for minimizing pore size. It dissolves sebum (oil) and smoothes out skin texture.

Green clay face masks are very cleansing. They pull dirt and oil out of your pores and tone your skin which will improve pore size.

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jojoba oil has been known to cause allergic reactions in people, but if no allergy is present jojoba oil is very good for sensitive skin. Oily, dry, combination, sensitive you name it, jojoba oil is good for all skin types.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't understand how oil can be good for enlarged pores? Aren't enlarged pores a result of too much oil?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not entirely. Large pores can be hereditary or can be because of dead skin and dirt. If you put to much oil on it can attract dirt and dust which is why you should only put on a little bit.

Also if you're going to go out in the sun put a sunscreen on or you will get burnt lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find my best result with clay masks. They not only get dirt out of the pores but they actually tighten the skin which can minimize the appearance of large pores. hope this helps.

·
Registered
582 Posts
dai, what kind of masks do you use?
the mint julep one, home-made ones if i feel like it, and just regular old ones you would find in Wal-Mart in the section that sells em. Usually something that will tighten pores or help reduce pimples or whatever. Sometimes the ones that tighten my pores leave my face feeling weird/tight. Why do you ask?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I aksed because you seemed very much satisfied with what you were using, and I wanted to know about it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
jojoba oil so closely resembles the natural sebum on your face that it should reduce oil production. though personally, i never noticed a difference. my face always looked oilier, haha. anyways, a good witch hazel toner regularly, daily gentle exfoliation, regular clay masks or masks of milk of magnesia which sounds wierd but really has a fantastic effect on oil production. and since oil production is probably making your pores bigger then it should help a LOT. and in the meantime since i cant tell if youre a girl or a guy then you could wear some good foundation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts