Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi bob1984 and welcome to the site. I hate to tell ya there is no way to shrink a pore.however there ways to minimize them, through many ways, such as dermabrassion, serums, even a good face primer can hide them. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sio they dont actually get smaller? then how do they "look" smaller without actually being smaller?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good question- when the cells are healthy they are not inflamed therefore minimized. When they are full of debris, or old dead cells they look enlarged.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good question for a dermatalogist- which I am not! But the theory is that when the pore has been stretched it will never go back to size. The scientists still have not found a way to shrink them back. The only thing I can suggest is keep those pores clean, with a mild cleanser I use a spin toothbrush to clean mine and it works great, then a mild non alcohol based toner- then moiturize- and sunblock.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
You could try a asprin mask. Buy the uncoated asprin put 3-4 asprin in a little bit of water, then mix in a little honey. Rub that on your face and keep it on for 30-40 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water, moisturize, and you are good to go. Do this once a week or more, if you feel the need, and see if you don't see a difference in their size. Obviously they are never going to go away, but yes you can totally make them less noticable.

Best of luck-

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to shrink them any ideas?
Use an astrigent like Witch Hazel. I use Dickinson's. You can also do a egg white mask. Google "egg mask" and a youtube video should pop up as the first result. I don't have enough posts to post URL's but the video should say "Egg Mask Facial" w/a girl holding an egg by her face.

Google "egg mask ingredients" and click the first result. It should open up a page w/a white background/menu bar on the left side and it has different types of egg masks. I keep it simple and normally just do 1 egg, extra virgin olive oil and salt. Oh yea you can also use apple cider vinegar as an astrigent. Just make sure to not go out immediately after applying it because of the smell. If you're not into home remedies, witch hazel is the best I can think of.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Use a pore minimising serum/lotion like the one clinique does to camouflage your enlarged pores.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Although I really like Witch Hazel as a Make up remover, I would say that plain old glycerin will do the trick much better for enlarged pores...... and here is the reason:
I really like dikenson's witch hazel it's super cheap and really does the trick for cleaning out pores, it still has a 10% alcohol level which contribute level to large pores.......yikes!
You want a toner that will soften the skin. Go for Tea Tree Water/Oil or Glycerin, you can even alternate if you like!

·
Registered
2 Posts
One of the best healing medicine for your skin is your own blood. It is rather internal than external. There is a method that I use and shrinks the big pores and heals your skin. It gets rid off the unnecessary accumulation and activates your blood on the skin tissue. Check it out at AncientRejuvenator.com

1 - 20 of 44 Posts