Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these Estee Lauder products?
If so, please give me your honest opinion?

1. Advanced Night Repair Concentrate
2. Idealist
3. Hydrabright

Thank you!

Would you recommend them to others?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes I have tried the Night Repair and it sinks right into the skin and added moisture I thought. Does it repair the skin? Nope!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ivy,
Thank you so much for your reply.

What product would you suggest for discoloration and repair for the skin?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think you should have a look at SkinActive because they have some very good products for this purpose or Garden or Wisdom. I buy most of my skincare from these two places, they are not expensive and very good quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have tried the night repair, and think it is quite good, but there are loads of alternatives out there...it is basically a serum that gives your skin an extra boost. it helped me both in the summer in areas that were sore due to sun exposure and the winter due to the wind....in fact in the winter, i had tried loads of things and this cleared up a particularly sore patch almost overnight!

however, it does not help discolouration or long-term damage. for that i would suggest a glycolic peel - elemis and alpha h do ones that are aimed specifically at this issue. when you use them, it is ideal to use them when you will have less exposure to the sun and when you do go out, use a sun block.

also, look at anything with vitamin c in it - i have been using trilogy which is great and very gentle and has rosehip oil which is very effective at lightening discolouration - and bare essentials skin revival night treatment has healing benefits that help to reduce marks also. good luck!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a huge fan of Seriesse C moisturizer and the C-extreme results, which is their microderbrasion/Vitamin C Skin resurfacer

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much for all your replies!

Ivy, livelovelaugh, & Denisep,
What store can I find these products
?

I would LOVE to find a product less expensive, but VERY comparable to Estee Lauder.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thank you so much for all your replies!

Ivy, livelovelaugh, & Denisep,
What store can I find these products
?

I would LOVE to find a product less expensive, but VERY comparable to Estee Lauder.

SkinActives can be ordered on the internet, just type in the name and have a look at the site. I've ordered several things from them and have been very pleased.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I seem to recall that the cosmetics and skin care products that Marks & Spencer retail comparable to Estee Lauder as they are made by the same company. Also L'oreal products are made by a company which retails expensive products like Estee Lauder but cannot recall the name. Maybe worth investigating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I have tried both Idealist and Repair serum... in my opinion neither delivered the results they promised!
The idealist made my skin smooth to touch but didnt reduce the large pores I had (and still do!) on my nose.

I tried the Night Repair as I had been having breakouts around my chin (emotional) for about a year, some had even scared. I was desperate to get rid of them which is why I turned to something pricey to help- it didnt! (The large bottle cost about £49 and didnt really last that long)
I have a scar on the top of my nose and the serum didn't change that at all and my breakouts stayed the same.

I know all skin is different so it may do as promised on some skins but to be honest the only serum I have tried that has worked is Loreal derma genesis concentrate- its only about £14 but can get it on offer in Superdrug quite often for about a tenner. Comes in quite a small pump (15ml) but it really has cleared my skin up- still get the odd spot but the redness from past breakouts is slowly fading with use.

Dont think it has done much for fine lines and pore size but until I can find my miracle cream thats not ridiculously expensive it will do for now!

hope this helps... (sorry, I do ramble!) lx

·
Registered
15 Posts
oooh, forgot to say... as well as the loreal serum have also been using loreal wrinkle-de-crease eye filler (thats often on offer too), not sure its been 'filling' under my eyes but it has certainly lightned my 'bags'! Have been using it for quite a while now, bout 3 months so may need a bit of patience with the results, but mine look much better now, lx

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hi, Just an idea for you but I know some people are really loving ROC stuff at the mo, it also has some good ingredients in there products for example Retinol and some other goodies!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Idealist is one of my fave skin care products of all time. Sometimes I use a Cellufirm Drops serum (Mario Badescu) and then Idealist instead of a moisturizer, especially on hot, humid days. It keeps my skin powdery-matte and my make up goes on beautifully. I have big pores and lots of discoloration and scars from picking and my skin looks best with this combo of skin care products.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey - I just joined this site purely to reply to you!! Basically I wanted to share with you what a wonder Idealist is. I am Indian and now 35 yrs old. I had acne when I was a teen and at the time we didnt have all this internet etc etc to share info, and I ended up not caring about my face properly and picked at my pimples - result...yes..two cheeks with some deep scarring and very large permanent big pores. I was getting so depressed about it - especially in the summer cos the more you try and cover it all up with foundation the worse you look - especially when the makeup starts to sit in the pores and start to melt!!

Oh my Word!! I tried a sample of Idealist and the next morning I was so stunned I almost cried - all the redness in the scarred area was gone, and the scars themselves seemed like they had been ' drawn together' and ' tightened up'. The pores looked drastically reduced and can you believe for the first time in 20 yrs I had the confidence to come to work without heavy foundation - I just put on a dusting of mineral powder which is giving me surprisingly good coverage and NO SHINE. I have not needed to retouch till end of day , whereas before my T zone was shily by 11 am!

i dont know why more people have not commented on the benefits of Idealist for scarred and discoloured skin - is it cos there are not many of us around?

I've been having microdermabrasion facials for years, but one week of Idealist has proved far better, and the price of a bottle of Idealist is what I pay for a facial each month!

Idealist is Ideal - I feel as if I wanna run out and buy more in case they stop making it!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah def worth a try - I' still not using any foundation at all - just put some on yesterday cos had a photo shoot from work, it spread on beautifully - thats prob a combinationion of Idealist and also not wearing makeup every day anymore ( I only wear mineral powder these days).

The only thing I will say is that since i have been using Idealist I have started to notice the odd whitehead or white pimple appearing every now and then, this is no big deal though and they usually subside in a day, not like teenage stubborn pimples that stay ages.

Hope it works for you - let me know how you get on with it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts