Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I used to spend lots of cash on dept store skincare but recently have had to scale back from my normal routine. I haven't used alot of spa lines and want to learn more about them. I'm starting an esthetics progam this fall and I think the school uses BioElements. I've been researching Karin Herzog products because I read somewhere that Demi Moore uses her products. Doesn't her skin look amazing?
I'm her age and I want try whatever she uses. Does anyone have any information on key products in Karin Herzog's line to start out using? I use Revive now on my skin at night but during the day I use Neutrogena. I exfoliate with Clinique 7 day scrub cream. I'm pretty basic.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
HI and welcome giashana!

Be very careful with Karin Herzog products, as they contain mostly mineral oil. Very pore-clogging. I used the Professional Cleansing Cream and, for me, it was one of the biggest mistakes ever. Horrible breakouts. Some ppl swear by it, but for me, not so much, in spite of using it exactly as described.

Maybe Demi Moore uses it, but I bet she mostly has facials professionally done and a dermatologist on staff. There aren't any miracle ingredients in those products at all!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good information! I'm really surprised to hear this about mineral oil. Exactly what I need to hear before diving into the line. Yeah, I know what you mean about Demi probably having an entourage to care for her skin. I get sucked in as all these celebrities around my age look so fantastic and just seem to glow. I am always looking for the secret to fresh glowing skin.
What really works for me is eating salmon and broccoli!! But I'm a sucker for a rocked out serum and night cream! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sothys puts out a great night cream. It is the Renewal System night cream, but be careful if you have sensitive skin as there is a little glycolic action. Improves texture. Feels great, too. Sothys has some great serums, too. I don't think it is a good idea to mix and match different lines, so I would recommend you stay within one company. One of the best serums, (in my opinion), is the Secrets Global Anti-age Destressing Serum. They have all sorts of interesting research on the product. Other than that serum, the Sothys C Double Renewal Sytems is a nice two-part treatment, but for different results. I don't think anyone can go wrong using Sothys. It is a bit pricey, but then, you kind of get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's good information! I'm really surprised to hear this about mineral oil. Exactly what I need to hear before diving into the line. Yeah, I know what you mean about Demi probably having an entourage to care for her skin. I get sucked in as all these celebrities around my age look so fantastic and just seem to glow. I am always looking for the secret to fresh glowing skin.
What really works for me is eating salmon and broccoli!! But I'm a sucker for a rocked out serum and night cream! Any suggestions?
Hey! I've been using the Karin Herzog products for some time now as I've mentioned in one of my previous posts. To be perfectly honest my friends and I have only had very good results. My skin has changed drastically. For a start I cleared my skin of acne and my pores are now free to breathe! You should also know that the KH range is used by numerous celebrities which claim they are their beauty secret. That's what drew me as well and I never changed since. If you want any further advice on what to purchase etc. let me know.

If you would like to find out more about the celebs that use these products log on to the UK site and look at the pressbook in their e-shop.

Thanks for your time. x

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Giashana, I think that it's awesome that you are going into esthetics- Good for you!! As an esthetician you will have to keep in mind that what works wonders on one client may not work at all on the next client, everyone's skin react differently. Several of these ladies have lots of experience with Umph amount of products. Ask and Yee shal learn!!! You stated that you were impressed with Demi Moore, I agree she does look amazing, but in your letter you did not mention the botox and all the other cosmetic surgeries. I forgot howm much but she paid big money to have a ton of work done on her body and face so she could look as good as Carmen Diaz in Charlie's Angels #2. Her beauty is not because of facial products but is the product of someone's hard work with a knife and untold amounts of injections. And please don't get me wrong, if I were her I maybe I would do it too, who knows. Please just keep that in mind.

Good Luck with your studies

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with you revive is expensive but the results speak for themselves. You hear in magazines every week what celebs are using on there skin and in my opinion if you have that amount of money you could use soap and water as they also get niped tucked peeled lasered and injected whenever somthing looks out of place so i think try and find products that suit your skin and as i do use products from different ranges if the entier range dosnt suit you but keep to a good rutine and stick to it and good skin should follow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts