Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had it or thinking of getting their noses done? Anyone spoken to surgeons who do it? I am super curious to hear more about it from SCT.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone had it or thinking of getting their noses done? Anyone spoken to surgeons who do it? I am super curious to hear more about it from SCT.
Heya I've been thinking of getting a nose job for years now and today I've decided that I'm definitely gonna get one. I turned 18 yesterday so no one can stop me from getting it done. I've been doing lots of research on the Internet today and plan to start saving up as soon as I get a job. I'm gonna start speaking to the actual surgeries and consultants and stuff once I've saved up at least half the money. I want a nose job because I'm so insecure with the way I look, I constantly stare in the mirror looking closely at my features and it's my big nose that makes me feel so ugly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You might not be able to get it done. Honestly when I turned 18 I went to the doctors and he turned me down. Said I was to young and the face was still developing. It's better to wait until mid 20's for plastic surgery

·
Registered
76 Posts
You might not be able to get it done. Honestly when I turned 18 I went to the doctors and he turned me down. Said I was to young and the face was still developing. It's better to wait until mid 20's for plastic surgery
Oh really cuz I was researching on google and it said minimum age is 18 but I still need to save up the money for it so by the time I have I'd probly be in my 20s anyway lol

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I want to get a nose job sometime in mid to late June.
This is one of the places I'm considering.
http://www.westlakedermatology.com/

I told all the ones I contacted and visited that I want something like this

Though he's a guy they said I'd be a great candidate considering my current nose and face shape. I made sure to choose an example that's closest to what my nose looks like now.The cost was estimated to around 4,500-6,000 but that's subject to change.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Oh yeah, I also asked about nasal narrowing (its cheaper than a full nose job) combined with injections (required every year) and was told by a few who just weren't after a fat paycheck that I'd be a great candidate for that as well since my bridge is already quite high.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It looks great I think you should get it. It seems too much of a hassle to get injections every year. I would do it and get it over with. How did you go about finding the right pictures similar to your nose I'm having trouble I think my nose looks a certain way but then I look again and it doesn't.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It would be a hassle but I'd be saving at least half the price of a full nose job. I plan on getting laser treatments done around that time too which I think is actually going to cost more. I don't remember exactly how I found these pictures, I don't even know who the guy is lol I think I just typed in 'nose jobs'.

When you're searching noses to show plastic surgeons, make sure to consider your facial structure, the length and height of your nose and the extent you're willing to go for your surgery. When comparing your pictures to other noses, just make sure the angle is exact and the person isn't making facial expressions that can distort the nose.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to think about it A LOT, but now seriously I actually like my nose. Its not the cookie cutter western style nose, but I actually think it works for my face, and I think it looks lovely. Now my breasts on the other hand, waiting till the day I can love those as much lol, I have been thinking about a breast lift, weight loss and improper fitting bras for years, I dont want them any bigger just perky, but i'm scared I wont be able to breastfeed...eeekk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I have had a nose job before but the wider theose the more u need to get it done. Does anybody know who did Ciaras nose job? I think its a work of art.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh really cuz I was researching on google and it said minimum age is 18 but I still need to save up the money for it so by the time I have I'd probly be in my 20s anyway lol
Yeah save up the money but wait until you are 21. The way you think about your face and body is still evolving, so to speak. Keep doing your research in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It would be a hassle but I'd be saving at least half the price of a full nose job. I plan on getting laser treatments done around that time too which I think is actually going to cost more. I don't remember exactly how I found these pictures, I don't even know who the guy is lol I think I just typed in 'nose jobs'.

When you're searching noses to show plastic surgeons, make sure to consider your facial structure, the length and height of your nose and the extent you're willing to go for your surgery. When comparing your pictures to other noses, just make sure the angle is exact and the person isn't making facial expressions that can distort the nose.
This is def true Sol which is why (I think at least) I am having a hard time finding info on nosejobs for afro noses. Real reviews and info is less transparent than and I am not sure how to proceed beyond level 1. I am fairly certain I would like something more drastic than the results I see from online searches. I really like Rihanna's nose job though, its very tasteful.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I love Gabrielle Union's nose job, it's a close to perfect without looking like it was "done". I've been toying with the idea of rhinoplasty for a while too but I can't decide whether to get it done in South Korea or wait till I'm back in the US. I'm leaning towards the US as I'll have more access to doctors who are exoerienced with ethnic noses but Korea is cheaper and the work of the surgeons are amazing.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
This is def true Sol which is why (I think at least) I am having a hard time finding info on nosejobs for afro noses. Real reviews and info is less transparent than and I am not sure how to proceed beyond level 1. I am fairly certain I would like something more drastic than the results I see from online searches. I really like Rihanna's nose job though, its very tasteful.

Yes, it was done very subtly. I don't really have an issue with searching African-American nose jobs, I have a problem searching ones that are similar to my nose.

Quote: Originally Posted by Utopianbeauty

I love Gabrielle Union's nose job, it's a close to perfect without looking like it was "done".

I've been toying with the idea of rhinoplasty for a while too but I can't decide whether to get it done in South Korea or wait till I'm back in the US. I'm leaning towards the US as I'll have more access to doctors who are exoerienced with ethnic noses but Korea is cheaper and the work of the surgeons are amazing.
I was thinking about getting it done in South Korea but because I see so many after pictures of people with super high bridges and barely there nostrils, I'd rather not.

·
Registered
96 Posts
YES! Koreans are so amazing at plastic surgery I rarely see any bad pictures. Where as here in the U.S too many celebs look horrible. I could never go to Korea for surgery though so I'm just sticking with my local doctor. I think female wise Ciara has the best nose job. I guess the smallest thing can change a lot. My problem is my doctor told me no and said it's not worth it because it won't help improve looks but I still want to get it done and by him 1f614

1 - 20 of 45 Posts