Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know if any one i still using this product. ive been hearing alot of good reviews about it? i want to know if it works good for dark skin tones (african american dark) as well as light skin?

·
Registered
357 Posts
yeah, i noticed that right after i posted. its too bad we cant edit titles.
You can within a short time after posting. Just go the forum page (the page that shows all the topics in the forum) and double click in the row of your topic. This should allow you to edit the title.

Btw, I edited this topic's title for you.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is the main skin lightening ingredient in the bleaching powder?
from what i could tell its Hydrogen Peroxide. i noticed that when i tried to make a oxygen mask with baking soda for my face my eye brows and some of my hair got bleached from black to red. lol. i also noticed that when i got an exposed wound on my face and i applied HP the skin immediately around the wound would turn white . so its definately a strong bleaching agent at even 3% drug store grade. i dont know what the concenrateion of etta's powder is but i cant imagin it being more then 3%.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone at least have the instructions for how to use Etta's Powder. How many times a weak or day do you use it? how long do you wear it on your body?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well murad contains a skin toner (used daily) that contains 3% HP. Reviva also has an HP oxygen cream. HP is used topically and orally to disinfect. our bodies naturally make HP. it can be dangerouse. i doubt you want to later 12% HP on your skin and you definately dont want to get this stuff in your eyes. it will bleach hair along with skin. even the vapors can bleach so you probably will need to cover up hair and some how protect your eye brows. i thought that the reason that some people get virtiligo was because their bodies make excess amount of HP which bleaches their skin from the inside out. i dont know about you but that freaks me out a bit more then bleaching from the outside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just Try Etta's for yourself and it's affordable anyway.

i want to know if any one i still using this product. ive been hearing alot of good reviews about it? i want to know if it works good for dark skin tones (african american dark) as well as light skin?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it does burn open wounds and if you have dark skin, it will leave a white rim around an open wound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"does anyone at least have the instructions for how to use Etta's Powder. How many times a weak or day do you use it? how long do you wear it on your body?"-HonEB

it was written at the back of the box..

..use it once a day (7x a week)
..once a week..
..twice a month..
..once a month (maintenance)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
1. Put about 3 tlbsp of Etta's Powder in a mixing bowl.

2. Then gradually mix the powder with 2 tblsp. of Etta's cosmetic grade solution or add a little more until....

3. .... a smooth cream consistency has reached. Then, right away....

4. Apply gently and thinly on the face or body avoiding eyes and eyebrows. If the mixture is not enough for desired area, you may mix some more again.

5. Relax and wait for about 15 minutes while it is working on your skin.

6. Rinse with Etta's soap and pat to dry. Then apply Etta's moisturizing cream or any safe body lotion. (Note: Best time to apply is before shower or washing face, morning/night)

ettaswhiteskin

I used this product during two weeks.

The instructions for use do not give the composition of the used powder.

Personally, I disadvise the use of this product, especially for dark skins and greasy skins. It gives a greyish complexion after all.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have used hydrogen peroxide, in a VERY LOW PERCENTAGE to lighten my skin, it works. but is pretty temporary.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts