Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
1. La Roche Posay Anthelios Series

2 and 3. Bioderma Photoderm Max and
Avene Emulsion
These two found here: Avene Emulsion, Bioderma Photoderma MAX - Highest UVA Protection -- BEST PRICES ANYWHERE!

4. Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive spf 50+: link NEW Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ultra SPF50+ - eBay (item 370221130039 end time Oct-24-09 12:35:49 PDT) I personally use this one and it has given me great protection against the sun and has all the state of the art ingredient you need at a low cost.

5. Vichy

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. La Roche Posay Anthelios Series

2 and 3. Bioderma Photoderm Max and
Avene Emulsion
These two found here: Avene Emulsion, Bioderma Photoderma MAX - Highest UVA Protection -- BEST PRICES ANYWHERE!

4. Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive spf 50+: link NEW Garnier Ambre Solaire UV Sensitive Ultra SPF50+ - eBay (item 370221130039 end time Oct-24-09 12:35:49 PDT) I personally use this one and it has given me great protection against the sun and has all the state of the art ingredient you need at a low cost.

5. Vichy
thank you!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LnL, Yup, silk it is, but the PPD (UVA/ageing protection) is only around 8 - pretty wimpy - still, it IS the best foundation primer I've found. It's a guilty pleasure for me.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
59 Posts
i don't know about this sunblock but isn't titanium dixoide the key? bull frog makes a good one and it gives you a white tint. when i was using hq and that...i got really light.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
LnL, Yup, silk it is, but the PPD (UVA/ageing protection) is only around 8 - pretty wimpy - still, it IS the best foundation primer I've found. It's a guilty pleasure for me.
Fawnie, think I could get away with using this sunscreen in the colder months?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would like to try these European brands when my Invisible Zinc sunscreen has finished. I used to used La Roche Posay Anthelios Series, but it's hard to get in Oz.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I would like to try these European brands when my Invisible Zinc sunscreen has finished. I used to used La Roche Posay Anthelios Series, but it's hard to get in Oz.
Are you still liking the Invisible Zinc? La Roche Posay is very nice too. Hmmm getting it in Oz, let me think about that one-

·
Registered
208 Posts
I purchased Athelios online in 2006 I think because it was one of (if not the first) products (Mexoryl) to offer protection against UVA (aging) and UVB (burn), where most U.S. products offered protection against the burn. I also purchased the "cutting edge, break-through" Helioplex dietary supplement, purported to offer extra protection from ultra violet rays.

Now the US offers (Helioplex), not the same derivitatives as the patented Athelios (Mexoryl) or other UK products, which became only recently available.

I am sticking to the European products (as recommended by Macgyver, ugh... I mean, LNL, using the "Helioplex" products only in a crunch.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yes, I am not a Helioplex fan, most sunscreens with Helioplex are WAY too greasy for my likings. It is best when you find a sunscreen that works for you, stick with it!! They are HARD to find!!

Hey, I like that Macgyver-

·
Registered
222 Posts
Are you still liking the Invisible Zinc? La Roche Posay is very nice too. Hmmm getting it in Oz, let me think about that one-
Yes, for the time being unless I can find better sunscreen out there. The Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 30+ with Helioplex is in supermarket shelves here, is it any good? Go try the IZ.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Yes, for the time being unless I can find better sunscreen out there. The Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 30+ with Helioplex is in supermarket shelves here, is it any good? Go try the IZ.
I don't care for it, you might like it depending on how picky you are-
I don't like it because it is TOO greasy for me. Even though it says Dry Touch......that isn't true. It may be dry, but it is too greasy when its all said and done. But that is just my opinion.

Go to the store, open it up, put a dab on your hand, see what you think. I always do this if I am buying a sunscreen at the grocery store, walmart, target, etc.

I always try before I buy, if I can.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Well in OZ isn't the highest SPF sold 30? I remember reading about that law there. Which by the way, is an awesome thing!! Who really knows if what we get is truely the correct SPF. Just because it claims SPF 55 or whatever, doesn't mean it is.

OZ is smart for making that a law, in my opinion.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
1 - 20 of 92 Posts