Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cream described in the other thread has, IMO cracked the code. It is easy & fast to make with readily available ingredients, dirt cheap & it works like a charm. I'm over the moon thrilled. Before sharing it here, I wanted to test it. I'd made several creams w/o real success so I never bothered posting about my failed creams
. This one works welll AND:

- Does NOT require a mild steroid
- Contains no tretinoin or acidic ingredients for those too sensitive for them
- Did NOT irritate in any manner at all (there's uremol in the Eucerin lotion)
- Absorbed reasonably fast & well
- WILL lighten Fitz V-VI skin
- Did NOT turn brown
- Remained emulsified
- Has NO tell-tale HQ crystal 'grit' in it when you cook it correctly

- You CAN layer your RA over it to speed absorption & results

Here's How:

Morning: On clean dry or slightly humid skin, smooth on & rub in gently. Wait 5 mins & if desired, apply your RA (this is what I do). Wait a little then apply your sunblock.

* You can repeat in the afternoon on Fitz V-VI skin, minus the RA. *

Evening: Repeat morning routine minus the sunblock.

This is sooo much faster than those tubes of 4% HQ & it works surprisingly fast. So much so that I asked a friend who is a health sciences major at college how it was possible knowing what we do about skin cell growth/exfoliation cycles.

Apparently, the HQ at higher doses DOES speed exfoliation & with the RA, this effect is increased. I am shedding old skin so fast & so much that it is surprising. The higher amt of HQ inhibits tyrosinase even more so greater lightening becomes visible faster.

I tested this on my upper right thigh (the entire area) & in one week flat, it is lighter than the other thigh! This is NOT wishful thinking. The cream is working-every bit as FASY as F&F w/o mystery ingredients or thinning.

As of tomorrow, I'll be applying my cream AND using an occlusive wrap to test it.

Thanks so much to all of you who bothered to read both these threads & comment. I know it was long but you smart cookies here are literate people not afraid to do some reading. Feel free to pm me or post any questions you have. I swear this stuff is really working.

·
Registered
670 Posts
This is exciting!

Was there a big difference? Lighter in a week?!

Thank you for this info!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ondine this is marvellous! ONE incy problem.....not sure if alot of us could find that 100% HQ powder you got. But it is truly amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it. Think of it YOU COULD SELL THIS STUFF!
lol just a thought...congratz

·
Registered
670 Posts
Try to find it at a local photography store. Google stores in your area, phonebook, etc. Try a photography hobby store.

I paid $14.99 for a 1 pound container.

I saw some site online selling it for more than that for one ounce!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ondine this is marvellous! ONE incy problem.....not sure if alot of us could find that 100% HQ powder you got. But it is truly amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it. Think of it YOU COULD SELL THIS STUFF!
lol just a thought...congratz
I know she could, she'd be so in the money! But we dont wanna move to the dark side!

The higher concentration really does speed things up. I also think this method may give more even lightening.

With my method, I use glycolic acid. This basically takes away the dead skin, and peels off (like a sheet sometimes). Its working on the back of my arms now and taking care of the keratosis.

The problem is I cant get to my back properly, so Ill have to go for some form of professional scrub. Also I have found alternating applications of glycolic work better (including retina) as it gives a chance for the skin to heal and peel.

If it works without these, this is great. No sporadic peeling to contend with and less expense! Ondine you little star

·
Registered
410 Posts
Try to find it at a local photography store. Google stores in your area, phonebook, etc. Try a photography hobby store.

I paid $14.99 for a 1 pound container.

I saw some site online selling it for more than that for one ounce!
Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllyy lol definitely gonna check into that. I can use the lab in school to cook up my potions

[email protected] "The evil side" lol i know exactly what you mean haha

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This could not be made & sold due to legal restrictions on 2 things:

1. Eucerin is someone else's product
2. .4% HQ is a controlled substance requiring people to have a prescription & unless you are a licensed pharmacist, you cannot legally make & sell this.

In order to make a marketable product, you'd need to compound your own base cream NOT having the identical composition to one trademarked &/or patented by someone else. You COULD design a recipe, patent it & sell it to someone licensed to compound it & work out an agreement for a % age of profits with them...OR produce & sell your compound in a country where there are no restrictions.

I have no intention of doing either. I want lightening to be as readily accessible to people as tanning is. There are no laws against owning or buying HQ crystals..YET...What you do with them in yr own home is yr business (so long as you do not compromise the health & safety of other people with it). It is less dangerous than many things poeple already have in their homes (Draino, Bleach, Turpentine, WD40, wood stain...) You need to have the common sense to store it safely (so it doesn't get mistaken for sugar or Splenda for ex.) A teen may think it is a drug, a child might see it as 'fairy dust' or soe other play-thing.

Please, Reyaz, do NOT cook it up at school. This is unfair to the others who may unknowingly use the same vessels for something else later. Get yr own containers etc & do it ar home. Make sure the others in yr home know NOT to use those utensils.

You can make a lower concentration. My next comound will be a 15% concentration: I just wanted the initial test batch to be rigourous. If I can make it 'woek' at 20%, I know for sure that 10-15% (my REAL goal as nobody really needs anything stronger than that to get great results).

The 20% concentration test batches are for my 2 wks' experiment only.
I am NOT advocating everyone use this high strength for a prolongued period! 10%-15% is capable of turning a Fitz VI (like Alek Wek) into a Fitz III. Since I am in the med-dark range of a Fitz IV (with a strong red undertone) I will only require a 10% concentration for a few months to reach my initial goal then I'll go with the 4% for maintenance.

What I fear is that the ease of this formulation can bring the desperation in some people (& the accompanying foolhardiness!) out of the woodwork. People with visions of whiteness (NOT lightening but unrealistic visions of what being white will do for them) will be making 25-30% concentrations HQ & not their own stupidity. Please realize that the 20% was a TEST made to last 2 weeks only: as of next THurs, I will make the same amt of cream BUT with a 15% conentration. Then in 2 more weeks, reduce this to 10%.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Fear not ondine, I am a medical student and have full lab privileges and that once the containers have been washed using concentrated HNO3 (Nitric Acid) or even distilled water it can be used again without problem. Lol i was just kiddin about the "sell this stuff" no need to get worried :p But honestly, this is one of the coolest thing i've seen thusfar and the fact that we know it works and that we can make it ourselves really sticks it to the man :p Good luck ondine - you make us proud

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Reyaz: you're a sweetie. You gave me a good scare there. Since you're a med student. You obviously know what you're doing (much moreso than a ******* chemist like me
)

YES this DOES stick it to several men & women who would:
- Rip us off with grossly overpriced products

- Deceive us with their contents so you end up using mercury

- SCAM us with false claims & products that are ineffective

- ABUSE the legal system to 'control' & 'regulate' our right to make or own choices

- Promote misinformation & horror stories re HQ to again restrict our choices

- Try to SHAME us re deciding to lighten (we must be crazy self-hating mental cases)
TANNING is where the cancer deaths are.

Over the next few weeks, I'll post an updated photo & share anything re using a lower 10-15% concentration. If I find a reliable raw RA source, I'll post it too. Well, guys, we're getting it done!

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey ondine this sounds really really promising!! ...i found this website its
f r e e s t y l e p h o t o. b i z/100670-Formulary-Hydroquinone-Powder-100-gram could i use this one? is this 100%! cuz i dont want to use the wrong one and make a huuuugee mistake!! lol

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes you can, PaulWalk. Just do some price checking. There are rip off artists selling this cheap powder for a fortune. You shouldn't have to shell out a fortune for it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ok thanks ondine! yh i found one for 6.49 dollars on amazon. how many bottles do you think you would need to get from a fitz IV to Fitz III?? also i know this might sound stupid lol but you stated that 20% would be one tablespoon so would 1/2 a tablespoon be 10%?? and would using 10% hydro be better at slowing down re-pigmentation if i stop using it after ive reached the colour if i want? last ques is that could 10% cause orchonis? (soz for spelling) soz for all the ques its just that your an expert at the whole skinlighting things and i really value your opinon!!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Was there a big difference after your first week, Ondine?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There have only been 30 known cases of ochronosis in US history. These people were likely using some adulterated garbage from god knows where.

20% = 1/5th of yr total volume. I made it at 20% just to trst it. I will NOT be using such a high % age on a regular basis. I'll be reducing the concentration to 10%. Each person will have to observe the effects on his individual skin.

Once you've reached your desired colour, you'll have to continue using HQ but a lower concentration much less frequently in order to maintain the new tone. If you stop altogether, you'll most likely redarken over time.

Thank you for valuing my opinion. I strive to repeat what legit research is showing (usually, I post links so people can read it for themselves & NOT take my word for it!).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Lol! I'm gonna scream! LOL! Leave Ondine alone so she can answer my question!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heehee, Goddess; you're too cute!

The difference is that my right thigh that was being treated with the 20% blend is lighter than my left thigh that was only getting the SW blend along with the rest of my body. It is visibly lighter but for obvious reasons, I cannot post a photo. Put it this way: short skirts are OUT until I spend another week evening out the rest of my body to match my right thigh-all while maintaining the SAME tone in that lighter thigh
<---The hard life of a guinea pig!

It was totally worth it, though, to have figured out a way to make effective lightening feasible w/o having to rely on costly retail preparations (or kidnap a derm & beat a prescription out of him!). Scary to think of the insane profits these retailers are making! We've been getting SCREWED, folks: & w/o protection! I think my wallet caught something nasty!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Omg LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol Ondine! That's good to know it worked/is working!

·
Registered
670 Posts
For New Mixers:

I hope you 'new' mixers have your:

Goggles
Masks
Gloves
Thermometer
Heat-Proof Beaker
Gram Scale(If you want to, actually, weigh your product...Ebay)
Pot/Pan you will use ONLY for your mixture

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gotta get a gram scale!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts