Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made my first batch adn I gotta say, its an OFF WHITE color, its not brown adn under certain light it seems light brown but its OFF WHITE, hmmmmm, the best part is that it is SOOOO silky, creamy, and smooth. awesome!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Bravo! What concentration did you go for?

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the same as u, 20% give or take 2 or 3 percentage, ondine, you didnt happen to see a lightening illusion the first time you applied it on, did u?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Do you mean like what happens with some sunscreens? Yes, I got that, but ut disappeared moments later. It is due to the thickness of the Eucerin lotion; not the HQ. The Eucerin alone did this to me.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what puzzles me is that HQ in a high concentration like 20%, from what ive heard all over hte internet is that it causes significant redness or darkening when applied, but nothing happend to me hmmmm

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Darkening?Redness? Not on me either. Not even my botched batches did that. Perhaps whoever it was out there used the wrong base cream?

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
idk where these people ou tthere get all the wrong stories from, apparently tehy got it from their pharmacist, half hte time I dont know what to believe about stuff from searching the web so much LOL

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
People often repeat urban legends & if they hear a story often enough, it becomes 'true' in their mind because 'everyone is saying it' or 'everyone believes it'. I only believe something when there's some rigorous science behind it. Until people who know what they're doing & have no proprietary stake in an agent approve it, then it is suspicious to me.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm about to try something else with the 20% test batch: I'm adding more eucerin (to reduce the concentration), reheating it & I'm going to let it return to room temp just to see what happens....

·
Registered
395 Posts
congrats lighten, hope it goes well. dont reheat solutions with HQ in, it turns brown

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You are right, Ninasky: it did turn brown. Oh well... I whipped up a fresh 10% concentration batch. It'll be neat to hear what those who are trying this have to say after 1-2 months of usage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts