Skin Care Talk banner

Euro SS / Mineral Make up Dilemma

8K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  gymrat 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I am in Europe and my sunscreen of choice is Bioderma Photoderm Spot, although I have heard very good things about the Anthelios Range from LRP. I am going to Florida soon and want to ensure my skin is adequately protected.

However, my issue is that, in order to top up my protection and prevent my face getting sticky from reapplication of sunscreen, I was planning on using a Japanese loose powder with Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus and Tinsorb M.

I have been unable to ascertain whether the Avobenzone in my choice of Bioderma SS is coated, though I know it is a stabilised Euro sunscreen with a very high PPD so I have no concerns about using it without minerals on top BUT, stickiness! Bleach! Am I right to be concerned that there may be a reaction between the Zinc Oxide/Octinoxate and Avobenzone if I layer these products? (I believe that the Anthelios Range uses coated Avo but I'm concerned about messing around with my skin and switching SS as it can be reactive when I switch products.)

I also question my plan to use a zinc based mineral makeup on top. However, again I am concerned with reactions between the Avo and Zinc and am unsure if the particular mineral makeup I use is coated. I currently use makeup from: https://www.omiana.com
I've emailed them to ask if its coated but if its not it will be back to the old drawing board and my Florida trip is rapidly approaching :? Can anyone perhaps recommend a really skin friendly mineral makeup which does use coated, micronised but non nano zinc?

Your thoughts on this matter would be so very much appreciated! Thank you :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey, I think the orange avene sunscreen doesnt have Avobenzone in it. But the white one does. You can consider that. Also, which mineral makeup are you planning to use on top? My zinc sunscreen makes my face oily and I was thinking of adding a powder on top with some sunscreen ingredients.

#3 ·
I believe its the other way around, Orange (Ultra Light Hydrating) has Avobenzone, White (Mineral Ultra Light Hydrating) does not contain Avobenzone. They have several so its hard to keep up.

As for powder SS, this is one of my favorites! Tinted or untinted, I've probably already mentioned it to you, not sure :). You can get in on Amazon or other places, so be sure to check around for the best price.
https://www.colorescience.com/products/sunforgettable-mineral-sunscreen-brush-spf-50

#4 ·
Hey guys!

I am in Europe and my sunscreen of choice is Bioderma Photoderm Spot, although I have heard very good things about the Anthelios Range from LRP. I am going to Florida soon and want to ensure my skin is adequately protected.

However, my issue is that, in order to top up my protection and prevent my face getting sticky from reapplication of sunscreen, I was planning on using a Japanese loose powder with Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Uvinul A Plus and Tinsorb M.

I have been unable to ascertain whether the Avobenzone in my choice of Bioderma SS is coated, though I know it is a stabilised Euro sunscreen with a very high PPD so I have no concerns about using it without minerals on top BUT, stickiness! Bleach! Am I right to be concerned that there may be a reaction between the Zinc Oxide/Octinoxate and Avobenzone if I layer these products? (I believe that the Anthelios Range uses coated Avo but I'm concerned about messing around with my skin and switching SS as it can be reactive when I switch products.)

I also question my plan to use a zinc based mineral makeup on top. However, again I am concerned with reactions between the Avo and Zinc and am unsure if the particular mineral makeup I use is coated. I currently use makeup from: https://www.omiana.com
I've emailed them to ask if its coated but if its not it will be back to the old drawing board and my Florida trip is rapidly approaching :? Can anyone perhaps recommend a really skin friendly mineral makeup which does use coated, micronised but non nano zinc?

Your thoughts on this matter would be so very much appreciated! Thank you :)
You can check Sunforgettable, not sure if it suits your needs
https://www.colorescience.com/products/sunforgettable-mineral-sunscreen-brush-spf-50

As for Florida just got back myself, went to Miami, sun is no joke, so whatever you do, keep yourself covered. We had beautiful weather, no humidity, high 70's. But their weather changes rapidly so the sooner you go before summer hits the better!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.