Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again all,

what exfoliating or lightening soaps are you guys using? I tried kojic acid by kojie san but i dont think it worked much for me. so right now im currently using salicylic acid soap and i think its working pretty good so far. im mostly using it though for my tinea versicolor. so what are some other good exfoliating or lightening soaps that you've all used that had good results?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kojie san , Kojie San , Kojie san!
I swear by it’s lightening abilities.
I also use k brothers black face mask soap( very strong ) too.
P.S there are several threads on skin lightening soaps with tons of info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
omg please tell me where you got yours. bc i really think mine mightve been fake and thats why it wasnt working fr. like i didnt get any of the tingling sensations or the dry skin feeling none of that. it seemed like it brightened my face a little bit (i was using it from head to toe in the shower) but idk if my eyes were buggin or not. ive heard of a lot of fakes being sold so i wanna try to find the real authentic one!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kojie acid really worked for me. maybe try papaya?
ive actually tried papaya before! but it didnt work for me. where do you get your kojic acid soap from? i probably have a fake and thats why its not working but everyone swearsss by it so i need to find a way to get the legit thing !

·
Registered
40 Posts
ive actually tried papaya before! but it didnt work for me. where do you get your kojic acid soap from? i probably have a fake and thats why its not working but everyone swearsss by it so i need to find a way to get the legit thing !
i get it from ebay and amazon. choose the one with the most ratings and leave it for your face for a few minutes. i also used a glove to exfoliate a few times a week x

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for responding btw!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i get it from ebay and amazon. choose the one with the most ratings and leave it for your face for a few minutes. i also used a glove to exfoliate a few times a week x
you see ive checked there!!! they have super good reviews but ive also seen people in the reviews complain that they are suspicious of it being fake so thats why im scared to even try. but i do use exfoliating gloves everyday that i shower!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah , I recommend amazon too.
I have gotten from different sellers there and it works each time. @brownskinting ,tingling isn’t really a sign that the soap is real, fake or working, at least not for me.
Just buy off amazon , it’s the real deal

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've just recently purchased the BeShiny exfoliating whitening soap, used it once so far. It has both papaya and kojic acid which is what I was looking for. Anyone have any experience with this soap? <3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you use it for your body? When I did I got patchy lightening..not sure if I wasnt using it right

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you use it for your body? When I did I got patchy lightening..not sure if I wasnt using it right
yes,I did use it all over.I let it stay about 30 seconds on my face and neck but longer on my body.

You are doing it right?can I guess you are darkskinned? when i was darker,kojic soap in general made me uneven and patchy.now that I am lighter ,I decided to try again and I am not having that effect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes,I did use it all over.I let it stay about 30 seconds on my face and neck but longer on my body.

You are doing it right?can I guess you are darkskinned? when i was darker,kojic soap in general made me uneven and patchy.now that I am lighter ,I decided to try again and I am not having that effect.
Yes but how long do you leave it on in the shower?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

what was your routine that got you to the color you are now?:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you noticed any differences by using an exfoliating glove? I could never get into them.
I have!! they def helped in getting rid of a lot of dead built up skin and brightening it up. it also makes you squeaky clean. this along with an exfoliating soap is bomb bc its two things working at once so it goes harder. have you ever tried them before? i really recommend them!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have!! they def helped in getting rid of a lot of dead built up skin and brightening it up. it also makes you squeaky clean. this along with an exfoliating soap is bomb bc its two things working at once so it goes harder. have you ever tried them before? i really recommend them!
I've tried Korean Italy towels but they never worked for me. I did try exfoliating gloves but for some reason I found them to be a hassle? I do lactic acid peels so I always avoided them but maybe I'll reconsider using it together with the exfoliating soap I brought.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts