Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to apply for a male modelling agency in a year and I want to prepare my skin beforehand so I have a few questions.

I've been using Dove body lotion and I think it makes my skin oily so I want to switch to a different lotion. Since I've been using this lotion for almost a year, will my body have to adjust to the new lotion or is it just safe to go ahead and make the change or is the Dove(nourishing moisture lotion) good enough? Since I use Dove body lotion, I'll probably have to use the same brand for face moisturizer right? I want to start all over again but I don't know whether changing brands just like that would be good for my body.

Also, I never used a cleanser or exfoliator before and I want a cleanser and exfoliator in 1 bottle and go for a rather natural look than go heavy on cosmetics. After using a cleanser, I don't think a toner is needed since the water will cool the face anyways right?(help). However, does exfoliating or cleansing enlarge the pores in any way? Is it necessary to use a toner to close them after cleansing. I have mildy big pores on forehead and on each side of the nose but they are not overly noticeable from a distance but I do not want to enlarge them any further.

Since I don't want to bore you with long paragraphs any further, I will ask further questions later.

Thank you for your help everyone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I dont think you really need a toner. You can just splash some cold water on your skin and it will close your pores.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You can change brands of moisture lotion just try a patch test on the inside of your arm if you have sensitive skin. I use several different brands of creams and lotions you just have to experiment to see what works for you. I agree with bethjogs I don't think you need a toner.
If you have open pores then I assume you have an oily patch on your skin but be careful if you exfoliate because if you strip too much oil from the skin then your skins compensates by making even more oil and the problem is worse. I have an oily patch on my nose with open pores and have actually got the pores to shrink by using oil to moisturise, I know it sounds not right but it really does work. You can try jojoba,camellia, avocado,almond or argan oils depending on how much moisture the rest of your face needs always use them on damp skin. These can also be used as body moisture if applied right out of the shower when the skin is still wet. I think Neutrogena makes some shower oil that it mostly sesame oil and not too greasy.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Windstorm,

Good luck with your attempt at modeling, I myself am a signed model. It's fun work but it's not easy and it's a very competitive industry regardless of what area you live in. Money CAN be good, but for the majority of people, it's not really worth it.

As for your questions, first of all for your body you can usually change brands with no problems, the skin on the body is much more resiliant to changes and irritants than the skin on your face. Your body doesn't need to get used to any particular brand. If you find something you like and it doesn't irritate you, go for it, but keep in mind that it doesn't mean that the rest of the brand's line will be good for you.

Cleaners, toners, and exfoliants aren't considered cosmetics, so don't be shy to use whatever is required of you. Your regimen for the moment should be a good cleaner twice a day, an exfoliant once or twice a week, and moisturiser after every cleansing. See how your body reacts to something like that and then go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts