Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried MD Facial Scrub, but it was way too harsh for my skin, it made me bleed;P. My dermatologist says I have dry-normal skin, but I think it's dry. Any suggestions for a great exfoliator? I need it before applying my self-tanner.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,

St Ives, swiss fomula range are brill, they have exfoliators for all different skin types. Made with 100% natural exfoliants.

Check it out!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
A microfiber cloth might be just what you need. It's really for any skintype, but since no chemicals or harsh granules are used it's perfect for sensitive or dry skin.

I use mine after removing makeup with my usual cleanser. Then I use the dampened microfiber cloth to polish the skin and make it baby soft and free of dead skin. This is the best I've tried. I even use it to exfoliate my eyelids and lips. Can be used on the face or body. I have two of these puppies:

Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
A microfiber cloth might be just what you need. It's really for any skintype, but since no chemicals or harsh granules are used it's perfect for sensitive or dry skin.

I use mine after removing makeup with my usual cleanser. Then I use the dampened microfiber cloth to polish the skin and make it baby soft and free of dead skin. This is the best I've tried. I even use it to exfoliate my eyelids and lips. Can be used on the face or body. I have two of these puppies:
How long do these cloths last for?? and how often do you use it??

thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
How long do these cloths last for?? and how often do you use it??

thanks
I use mine once a week or so. If washed by hand and airdried they last for years! I've had one for 2 years and it's still OK, but the mfr said to get a new one every 6 months. You don't want to toss them in the washer and dryer because then they pick up lint from the other clothes and the little microfibers aren't good for sucking up junk from your skin. They really work!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Oh my- glad I read this thread tonight.

I got my cloth from NCN, I LOVE it. But be careful!! I thought I could use this one every other night........not so. I think 2 times a week max is all I can do. I works wonders!!! I like it alot.

In between the use of this NCN one, I am using my other which is just your regular microfiber cloth. It just basically cleans my face better than if I used just cleanser and water. The NCN one, really is a exfoliator.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm glad you like it, gymrat! It really is gentle but powerful....yes, it's possible to overdo it and burn your skin! Just do it very gently until you see how much your skin can take. I can only sweep it over my face with gentle pressure, and even then I see good exfoliation! Some ppl can move it around in circles, but that is too much for me!

It helps to remove stubborn sunscreen - and the flakies from the lips. It feels "rubbery"....have you noticed that? It's funny!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yes it does feel rubbery. Also, I was used to my other one (microfiber) I would lather that thing up and do tiny circle all over my face. Well, not with this NCN. Last night I didn't even use it. Tonight I will try it again. Do you wash your face first then use this or use it then wash? It doesn't seem to lather my cleanser for some reason.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I don't use cleanser with it. Just use it after you cleanse with a regular cleanser.

It is only to be used damp by itself. You are right, for some reason cleansers don't work with it very well. It's like a chamois, you just use it to polish, not clean! If that makes any sense.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yes, makes perfect sense. And it is exactly like a chamois!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I have extremely tempermental skin. Some days it's really oily, but I have to be very careful about the products I use because my skin will dry out in a snap. I've been using the microdermabrasion cleanser by Professional Solutions for about a year and a half and it works great. You can either use your fingers or a gauze pad to apply it. My dermatologist sells it in his office, but I know they have a website where you can buy it as well. Just google the name. I swear by the stuff. Hope it helps = )

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger
Received it today, fast shipping;D

So all I have to do in order to exfoliate is just wetting the cloth and then use it on my face?

It also says that I should use Cell Renewal Toner, is that really necessary? I don't care if another guy is using a toner, but I won't use it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

You need an exfoliator that is gentle and naturally sourced. I suggest an exfoliator from L'Occitane that contains rice powder [Exfoliating rice powder]

Warm regards,

redrose

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

So all I have to do in order to exfoliate is just wetting the cloth and then use it on my face?

It also says that I should use Cell Renewal Toner, is that really necessary? I don't care if another guy is using a toner, but I won't use it.
Hey Krazy!
That WAS fast!
I don't know anything about the Cell Renewal Toner - never used it.

[quote NCNProskincare.com]"Cell Renewal Toner – Purified Water, Glycerine, Steareth-20, Extracts Of Chamomile, Calendula, Boswellia Serrata, Azulene, Diazolidynyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butycarbamate, Essential Oils Of Lavender And Sweet Neroli, Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Seaweed Extract, Blue Green Algae Extract, Norway Kelp Extract."

The ingredients look fine, nice and soothing, not harsh. Might be good after exfoliating to calm things down. I don't see anything magical though, such as l-ascorbic acid, vit e or ferulic acid. I think that would be more powerful in forming new skin cells after exfoliating off the old. But you know your skin better than I, and what you want to do with it!!

Have fun with the cloth! I like mine so much!
Yes, cleanse first as usual then use the damp microfiber cloth to "polish" the skin gently. You will get a feel for how much "polishing" your skin can take after a while, but go gently at first. It's gentle but powerful!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I normally don't use a cleanser, guess I'll have to buy one then. I've heard that Glycolic Acid is the best. Where's the best place to get it?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Glycolic acid is not a cleanser, it's an exfoliator and you will gently peel, and you say MD Facial Scrub was way too harsh for my skin, I will not recommand GA, it will dry your face for sure!

I give you this link, it's the cheapest in Canada, Located nearby Toronto
http://www.larachem.com/

But I'm sure Fawnie can provide a cheaper place in USA, it just that I can't recall where

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glycolic acid is not a cleanser, it's an exfoliator and you will gently peel, and you say MD Facial Scrub was way too harsh for my skin, I will not recommand GA, it will dry your face for sure!

I give you this link, it's the cheapest in Canada, Located nearby Toronto
Acid Peels - Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic

But I'm sure Fawnie can provide a cheaper place in USA, it just that I can't recall where
Lol, didn't know that. I guess I'll drop GA then. So what's the best cleanser for dry skin then?

;D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
and you said the scrub made you bleed! this is scary! I'm sure you don't want to put GA on your face, not now, it will burn for sure. I was using a liquid soap with glycerine which was Ok, but after my GA routine that got my skin so dry, now this soap is getting my face dry too, I'm sure you will get many replies to tell you which one is good! I would certainly like to hear some

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Krazy
An cleanser would work as long as it is mild and non-detergent, since that will irritate you and strip any oils from your skin. Dr Hauschka comes to mind, but there are a ton of creamy cleansers out there in all price ranges. DHC has some mild soaps and cleansers. Just stay away from acids and detergents.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts

Krazy- please don't use Glycolic Acid with this cloth. It will make your face fall of.............not really, but pretty darn close! I just use a gentle cleanser with mine. That is all you need! It works wonderful!!

Good luck with it-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts