Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the stretchmarks working on them.... but in a totaly different way. If you've been reading in the anti aging thread you might have read the stevia thread go ahead and read it. If not here's the low down on it. A sweet woman ( tiggerlily) posted a thread about "stevia" helps get rid of wrinkles, scars, so I started using it on my face, wow what a difference after a week there is a big difference. then I started to think what about the stretchmarks. would it work on thses ugly things that stop me from wearing shorts in the summer, hey stevia is cheap why not try it. the first few times I put the stevia on left my stomach and left it there for 1/2 an hour, no big difference...then I read that one lady was doing dermabrassion then putting on strivectin ds afterwards and getting good results. Then I read something that LNL put in a thread about a layer of saran wrap. well the wheel in my head started to turn- big time! So I used dermabrassion on my stomach , then applied a layer of stevia- thread on stevia in anti-aging explains how to mix it. then I applied a layer of saran wrap, then left it on for a couple of hours under my clothes and continued doing house hold things... the first time my skin was red, looked like brand new stretch marks.. I applied rose hip oil, the next day the same. I started this last wed- and planned to do it till next wed then if there was a big change I would put it in a thread. But here I am today Sunday writting it down for you guys to try it. there is a more than noteable difference- my Huney whom is blind as a bat noticed it, my son and step son moticed it. It wasn't just my eyes that wanted to see it.... my stretch marks are are more than 3/4 of the way gone. Now if this helps anybody I'll be thrilled cause I've lived with these for 20 yrs, hating the way I couldn't wear what others wore, hating the way my body looked ....I don't want others to live like that.... and this is darn cheap Stevia goes for around 5$ CANADIAN and a cheap roll of saran- hit the buck store...try it and let me know....I hope it works for others as well as it is working for me. Hope this helps!!!!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mony, this is SO exciting! I will be on my way to get saran wrap tomorrow. ( I already have the Stevia that I use on my face. I have a back brace also so that tip you gave will also help. I hate my stretch marks too and even a slight reduction would be a bonus. I bow down to you in thanks for being the Guinea pig. I will update on my progress.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No bowing down necessary- especially with a brace on- ya might get stuck in a nasty position! I think the body heat keeps the stevia wet and so it keeps working. Just make sure when you do lock yourself up to dothis you have everything you need make sure you have enough saran wrap.

·
Registered
154 Posts
DH is leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks. I wont need to lock myself up (yippee) I will get everything I need close at hand.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What kind of dermabrassion are you using mony?
Can't believe I might have found out about a solution for my stretch marks, I've had the ugly looking things for OVER 3o Years!
Keep up the good work girl, we are proud of you!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I knew someone would ask...... I started with Avon's dermabrassion.... but it wasn't doing much seems like my skin in that area is really tough.... And I needed something to rough it up so that the stevia could penatrate it, but wouldn't hurt me either right. Being divorced for so many years you learn to do lots on your own cause u can't afford body work done on your car ect....... getting the picutre yet? I used sanding paper- a mild one for when you are doing finishing work, if you get the grey-ish black one you can cut it into strips and wash them then re-use them again and again. I don't rub hard at all- I basically glide it over the area, like you would glide your hand over a beautifl silk fabric, light and easy not to snag the fabric.- You may doupt it all you want, but I hadn't found a dermabrassion that worked good enough for that area- as a matter of fact I use the same kind of sand paper on the bootoms of my feet from time to time to get rid of the dry dead stuff. (works greeat!)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok got the goop om me- yet again, I wish this would do it all in one shot- but I guess I'm asking for too much! at least I found something that seems promising. Did anyone else do it yet?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not yet Mony, but that is cuz I did my own experiment ( without really knowing at the time ) LOL

I did the stevia mask and then the TCA peel a few hours later. I did pick up the saran wrap though so I think tonight I will do this. Good heavens what we girls do to ourselves. I can see us having a mini convention somewhere, all doing our peels and masks and mixing our serums.........people walking by, stopping at the tables asking us what the heck we are all doing (lol) Naturally, we ALL look MUCH better than they (giggle)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Okey dokey, I'm all gooped up. Don't let this stuff drip down into your "nether-reigons" though (grin)

·
Registered
330 Posts
WOW mony, you're one brave girl!

How on earth did you come up with the idea of using sandpaper?

I'll be getting some from the hardware as soon as I can.

Love this site!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there

I have really bad stretch marks on my tummy and I already had a tummytuck to ged rid of the exces skin and half the strech marks. I got al this from being preagnant 3 times and when I was preagnent I gained 24-35 pounds. It was just bad luck to have bad skin. My scar from the tumytuck has become one big whide stretch mark and it is red even after 3 years so you can imagine I would love the stevia treatment

What kind of powder do you use? I can get powderised leaves or liquid or powder extracted from leaves

Dental from Holland

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, I can say that after leaving the "stevia wrap" on for a few hours, my stretch marks do seem lighter. It could all be in my head but it seems I have to look harder to see them. I will do this again tomorrow and see what happens. I am also going to try this on a scar that I have on my wrist from a bone graph I had done 17 years ago. I am going to put the stevia on and wrap it up and leave it overnight.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok good morning gurls, Galin- you wanted to know about the sand paper- well I got that Idea from that "smooth away" product to remove hair- the darn thing works- but it is a very fine sanding paper, make sure when you pick it up it is for finishing work on cars, you should barely feel a coarseness to it. and it's black- (wash and re-use).
Lasbegasdeb, it's not in your head- I know I had a historectomy last december big old nasty scar- it was red and nsaty too, that seemed to be the first scar that the stevia work on, so I figured the fresher the scar the faster it would work, that's why I suggested dermabrassion- get rid of the dead cells affect the new cells- my scar now looks like an old scar- not red and one corner it's totaly disapperared- and that was the worst part where it was unevenly sowed up- puckered? I'm keepin it up. cause I see improvement every darn time. I slept with mine on last night-it had lots of time to work and it did. scars on my lower hips are gone- now it's just the lower front of my stomach. Yahoo!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi dental and welcome, the rose hip oil I refer to is one that I make from scratch- plenty of vitamine C naturally- I sterilize a brown jar- like a jar that used to contain yeast, then in a small pot I add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil, and then about 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. I then throw in as many chopped up rose hips as I can fit in there. (stems and bottoms removed) I warm it up on the lowest setting possible for hours- stirring it now and then with a wooden spoon and crushing it all. after about 5 hours of it warming - never simering or boiling I let it cool strain it and bottle it.- (Always use untreated red or orange rose hips) when they are at they're peak for Vitamine C.- Hope that explains it to ya!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lasvegasdeb I wonder what a TCA peel would do to those stretchmarks? Or even the Retin A as it thins out the epidermis right? I wonder if that would help speed up the scar removal? did you ever think of trying that? Just a thought running through my head since I'm getting these results I'm wondering what could help people that are worse off, like burn victims, or people that have lost tons of weight but still have the scars, or people that have bee attacked and scarred.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was so tired last night I forgot to put it on my wrist, I also have another scar on my arm that I wanted to do so I put it on first thing this morning. This time I mixed the Stevia with a few drops of coffee concentrate. I want to see if the caffeine does anything. Will let you know later on today. I have put Tazorac cream (which is similar to retin a ) on my stretch marks before but did not see any difference. Of course I only did it a few times so that is probably not a good test. I have done copper peptides also and that did show some improvement but after stopping for a bit they went right back to the way they were before so I believe ( at least for me ) that the CP's are a temporary fix. I have a very nasy scar on the side of one of my breasts from a biopsy they did a few years back. If I get progress on my wrist I am going to do that one next as it is really ugly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
WOooooohoooo...that's great...will do that too...i hope i will have the same luck as you gurls have in removing stretch marks...all i did was lighten it...if there's a way to remove it then i'll be happy to try...

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a reminder, it does take time to see improvement, time and lots of persistence. but yeah if you keep it up you should see some encouraging results! ... And I really hope that you do!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts