Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying various things this past couple of years and I have lightened my skin tone considerably. I now look like a raccoon with extreme dark eyelids and dark circles under my eyes. Nothing I do has helped. What can be done to lighten them?

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ive got the perfect remedy for you.
potato juice.

Grate potato and squeeze its juice. Put this in a little container, sealed and refrigerated. only grate enough to last you at least 2-3 days.
Spread this on with a cotton pad. It'll dry and leave it on overnight.
You can even do it during the day, but its always best before bed. wash you face and apply this in the eye area.
Wash it off with warm water in the morning.

Keep doing this for weeks and months, you will eventually see a huge difference.
Ive done this for dark areas on my neck, its really helpeed!!

Try to stay away from using harsh chemicals in this area. its very delicate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Summer123 - I've tried various home remedies and even to this day I do. Unfortunately these are stubborn dark color and need something more strong.

Thanks PatisMe - Can you suggest a brand? I'm in USA and on Amazon almost all have mixed reviews.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
@Uvasag i dont think lightening them further would solve the issue.. try vit c serum and also use rosehip oil... use ss as well as suggested above.. consider incopetating vitc supplements to ur regimen so it also might support u from the inside..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are you Indian in descent? Your skin tone is very uneven overall what skin shade were you to begin with?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes of Indian descent and yes uneven skin tone and very rough skin because of Keratosis pillaris on my jaw line and under my chin. I see all you guys have such smooth skin. Not sure how to tell skin shade but use Mac foundation N44. Any suggestions please? I use a Vitamin C serum, Hyaluronic acid daily, Just got ikb gel for my eye lids and do weekly 70% glycolic peel at home(about 5 minutes).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you Indian in descent? Your skin tone is very uneven overall what skin shade were you to begin with?
Yes of Indian descent and yes uneven skin tone and very rough skin because of Keratosis pillaris on my jaw line and under my chin. I see all you guys have such smooth skin. Not sure how to tell skin shade but use Mac foundation N44. Any suggestions please? I use a Vitamin C serum, Hyaluronic acid daily, Just got ikb gel for my eye lids and do weekly 70% glycolic peel at home(about 5 minutes).

·
Registered
413 Posts

Skip the glycolic acid,it only makes it worse.
A pure Vitamin c serum without the HA would work better.
Retinol,not Retin-A at night.
Turmeric and yogurt mask will do some good too, alongside turmeric serum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No. Unfortunately I still struggle. Continue to try various home remedies along with IKB gel and vit C. serum. Not seeing much of a difference.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nothing will really help dark eye circles as long as you’re still using your hydroquinone cream. It’s just like trying to empty an ocean with a teaspoon.

If you want your dark circles to go away, stop using your cream and use a milder lightening cream like F&W product. Works slowly but doesn’t give dark eye circles.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nothing will really help dark eye circles as long as you’re still using your hydroquinone cream. It’s just like trying to empty an ocean with a teaspoon.

If you want your dark circles to go away, stop using your cream and use a milder lightening cream like F&W product. Works slowly but doesn’t give dark eye circles.
i agree. when i used topiclear carrot gel (HQ) on my face, i had dark circles around my eyes. when i stopped, my skin evened out.

OP, i think you should use products with vitamin c, niacinamide, alpha arbutin on your face instead of HQ.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
No. Unfortunately I still struggle. Continue to try various home remedies along with IKB gel and vit C. serum. Not seeing much of a difference.
It is roll the drums :band::band: FUNGUS
Now you can fix it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts