Skin Care Talk banner
521 - 540 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Are we talking about the lotion with the pump? There's a tube cream and one in a jar as well. How would you know which one has HQ and which has KA? On the Mitchell brands site it says it contains 1.9% HQ. Also does this make your skin pale, yellow, or red? @EmmaGH
They have a whole kit. They Have K.A and HQ Lotions versions. If you're in UK you'll get only the Kojic Based version
(I learnt Mitchellbrands doesn't even ship to the UK)

Maybe you're talking about their Gel with the Pump which has HQ (30ml)

They have a Normal gel too which has Arbutin.

Their TuBe Cream has HQ

The products gives yellow tone/pale yellow @shallalah

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks @ Triumph- I am based in uk.

Will try Amazon xx
hey ayo!
like @TRIUMPH said, try a Mitchell brand tube (ikb, precious, lighten up etc) they contain alpha arbutin & may work.
happy birthday in advance!
@TvJunkie, thanks a mill and also for the best wishes.

Just looked online and can’t find any of those brands in Uk unless from the states😔.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Over here the anti-aging is more expensive than the normal one. But I haven't tried the Anti-aging one yet but the Anti-aging ain't that popular like the normal one with HQ probably it doesn't lighten much

I'm on skin lightening break cos of the lockdown

So far I've tried the Normal ones with HQ and KA
@Goldencream

@EmmaGH thanks! I'm going to start with the normal one cus thats what I've seen here.

·
Registered
400 Posts
They have a whole kit. They Have K.A and HQ Lotions versions. If you're in UK you'll get only the Kojic Based version

Their TuBe Cream has HQ

I live in the US so I'm guessing HQ version is the only version available right now. Im not sure about the gel in a pump container but was talking about the tall lotion bottle. Have you tried any of the other products beside the lotion @EmmaGH? Thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hello I'm not EmmaGH but lemme respond. Yes the lotion in the pump. All the ingredients are written at the back. I guess it depends on where you live too. If you get yours in Europe be sure to get kojic but the ones in US, Africa would be HQ. One thing for sure if you buy directly from their website you get HQ version. I believe people's natural undertones and skin type varies when it comes to the way a person lightens. Some will use HQ and get pale look others yellow and others red but most people who use HQ based creams usually get a yellowish pale look. @shallalah
My skin turns oddly red, almost burnt looking when I use HQ. KA made me pink/pale. Nothing had made me yellow but I'm naturally more yellow toned. I wish HQ worked for me like it does on others.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Their TuBe Cream has HQ

Hello @EmmaGH , since you have experience with these two, is lightenup more effective than so white?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I live in the US so I'm guessing HQ version is the only version available right now. Im not sure about the gel in a pump container but was talking about the tall lotion bottle. Have you tried any of the other products beside the lotion @EmmaGH? Thanks
Ok I've tried their other Serum with Vitamin D and the Tube Gel with Arbutin @shallalah

These ones were also good

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hello @EmmaGH , since you have experience with these two, is lightenup more effective than so white?
So white is weak especially the Big Size So White (500mls) unless u boost with either 2/3 gels or tube creams and 2/3 serums (depending on the shade u want to achieve)

But So White Maxitone(250mls) works faster than the Big Size (500mls) but u will still need additional serum/gel to the Maxitone

Lighten Up Plus is more potent than both but it's drying just like So White Maxitone
@Anny83

·
Registered
189 Posts
So white is weak especially the Big Size So White (500mls) unless u boost with either 2/3 gels or tube creams and 2/3 serums (depending on the shade u want to achieve)

But So White Maxitone(250mls) works faster than the Big Size (500mls) but u will still need additional serum/gel to the Maxitone

Lighten Up Plus is more potent than both but it's drying just like So White Maxitone
@Anny83
Oh that's good to know. I've never given the Lighten up range a thought. Thanks always @EmnaGH

·
Registered
267 Posts

@Anny83
I second this. So White is not so white after all. It’s slower than I expected, plus it stops working after a while. You have to take a break and start again. The tube cream is the worst, it’s slow and gives a pale tone without glow. The lotion gives yellow tone and glow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick question dears , has anyone used clear essence lightening serum without hydroquinone? I used fair and white 'so white tube cream ' on my face and i started breaking out on my forehead badly but it lightened me.
So i started with the clear essence serum and i have redarkend for real.
Has anyone used ikb gel or new york on acne prone face and did it work ? @Blackboy @gymrat @Everyone .

Attachments

521 - 540 of 553 Posts