Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've taken befores of mine with and without mascara. This is a pic of my daughter's without mascara- well, she only has on CLEAR mascara. UGH. Mine were just like this in MY YOUTH!!! I'm only hoping for ones close to this!! I'll post my 5 days after Latisse and with mascara after her pic. She's on the right. My eye lids are really still irritated after my eye infection. My lids are icky red and I have steroid cream on them to ease the redness, etc.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
one of the first things I noticed was the curl then in 8 weeks I have darker lashes. But with mascara your lashes are lush and thick they look great.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just LOVE it if the Latisse would make me grow dark(er) lashes. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
It sure will takes patience but I saw changes so quickly it seemed overnight.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on day 8 (?) of Latisse and lol I check my eye lashes every day. HAAAA. I know it's too soon to see anything yet, but I still check.

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
I'm on day 8 (?) of Latisse and lol I check my eye lashes every day. HAAAA. I know it's too soon to see anything yet, but I still check.
K I got some bad news to report for those lushes lash latisse ladies, I woke up and have breakage on my right eye.

I have work to do to get it back to where it was!! I rub that eye alot so I think I did it to myself-

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm going on my 11th day of Careprost and have noticed a dramatic difference. My lashes almost touch my eyebrows now and are much darker. For me the length came before the darkening did (seems backwards). But now my lower lashes are darkening. Last night after I showered I pulled out my makeup remover wipes because I thought my cleanser hadn't gotten all my eye makeup off. But it turned out my lashes are just that dark now!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Vananners I now only use Clinique Lash Power nothing waterproof ever. The Lash Power comes off in the shower with warm water . It is awesome. I like that it comes off so easy so I am not tugging on my new lashes and NO raccoon eyes!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vananners I now only use Clinique Lash Power nothing waterproof ever. The Lash Power comes off in the shower with warm water . It is awesome. I like that it comes off so easy so I am not tugging on my new lashes and NO raccoon eyes!
I NEVER use waterproof mascara any more. I used to but it really is hard on your lashes aside from being hard to get off. I would notice clumps of my lashes coming out with waterproof. I like some brand that is water *resistant*, and it comes off easily when you wash your face or use a gentle eye makeup remover but I can't remember what brand. Cover Girl or something- in a purple tube.

·
Registered
330 Posts
K I got some bad news to report for those lushes lash latisse ladies, I woke up and have breakage on my right eye.

I have work to do to get it back to where it was!! I rub that eye alot so I think I did it to myself-
Ok, emergency lash patrol just pulled in...

You ARE joking, aren't you? After all your work, poor gymrat! Have you posted in our original eyelash thread so other L people can see it (also fawnie needs to know).

How much breakage rat? Maybe it's not as bad as you think...

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
Ok, emergency lash patrol just pulled in...

You ARE joking, aren't you? After all your work, poor gymrat! Have you posted in our original eyelash thread so other L people can see it (also fawnie needs to know).

How much breakage rat? Maybe it's not as bad as you think...
Oh, where was the emergency lash patol earlier when I needed her most-

Well, the breakage is at the corner outer edge and I would say........it is noticable. Well, it is noticable to me. My DH says he doesn't see a difference, but then again, he wouldn't notice if I came in with platinum blonde hair and DD's either-
(by the way I am blondish/brown with AA's)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh dear, I'm sorry I didn't reach you in time dear ratty...

But tell me how short are the broken lashes? That way we can guestimate how quickly they'll grow back (should be pretty quick - and I should know!).

Were you using lash conditioner as well, or just the Latisse? Could they have broken because of dryness etc. Just trying to think how best to avoid this happening again - or to anyone else.

Hugs and

·
Administrator
33,874 Posts
Oh dear, I'm sorry I didn't reach you in time dear ratty...

But tell me how short are the broken lashes? That way we can guestimate how quickly they'll grow back (should be pretty quick - and I should know!).

Were you using lash conditioner as well, or just the Latisse? Could they have broken because of dryness etc. Just trying to think how best to avoid this happening again - or to anyone else.

Hugs and
Bless you semayden-

They are half the size as the lashes on each side. A few are even shorter than half.

I was not using a lash conditioner per se, just castor oil on nights I didn't apply the Latisses. I was only using the Latisses every other night. I am now doing every night to see what happens.

How long did it take yours to re-grow after the lash curler episode?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wooo Hooo - just checked the tracking on my order from ADC.

Shows it left Customs in San Francisco this afternoon, so it should be in my Southern California area soon!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bless you semayden-

They are half the size as the lashes on each side. A few are even shorter than half.

I was not using a lash conditioner per se, just castor oil on nights I didn't apply the Latisses. I was only using the Latisses every other night. I am now doing every night to see what happens.

How long did it take yours to re-grow after the lash curler episode?
Ok, lots and lots of conditioner DAILY for your lashes!

Mine took about a month to stop looking rather silly - and by the end of the second month they were moving towards full grown again and no'one would ever have known that I'd cut 'em by accident. So, with the Latisse etc. you should be noticing good gains before the end of a month and all of them
home again by end of the next month. You will be plentifully lashed again long before Thanksgiving, so don't worry!!

Remember, I had two lashbreak incidents. One where I ripped them out by roots and one where I cut them with old curlers. If I could survive that, you can survive this. Be brave ratty. This is getting to sound more and more like Wind in the Willows, isn't it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts