Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

I'm looking for a good eye shadow base the one that I'm using isn't working for me. I want something that will make my shadow look nice and creamy, and last all day. if you know the look that I speaking of. The stuff that I'm using now makes it look like powder just sitting on my lids.

Please help.

thanks

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Fawnie, you read my mind

Or MACs paint pots can be used as a primer. They do have some skin coloured shades and give a little colour too

·
Registered
330 Posts
Speaking for myself only, I found Urban Decay Primer for eyes to be very drying. It would go on, blend in too fast for me to even get it smoothed nicely over my lid - and although it held my shadow in place, it sort of gave the impression of doing it with cement...

If you try it, I strongly recc. that you use an unbelievably tiny amount (and over some moisturiser, preferably) because, in my experience, a little really does go a looooooong way.

Perhaps very young lids would fare better with it?

It's in the hall drawer now...

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Hi All-

I'm looking for a good eye shadow base the one that I'm using isn't working for me. I want something that will make my shadow look nice and creamy, and last all day. if you know the look that I speaking of. The stuff that I'm using now makes it look like powder just sitting on my lids.

Please help.

thanks
I use Laura Mercier colour eye primer in Wheat. I really like it. Sometimes I just wear it alone. It gives my eyelids a natural color.

Laura Mercier - Colour - Eye Basics - www.lauramercier.com

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Why not, I do it all the time (when I wear makeup) my lids are really dark in the crease and lighter going up so I wear primer then a bit of foundation to even the tone when I want a natural look!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Why not, I do it all the time (when I wear makeup) my lids are really dark in the crease and lighter going up so I wear primer then a bit of foundation to even the tone when I want a natural look!
Thanks Mony. I've never tried using primers before and I am searching for one actually. My foundation always tend to slip from my face because of my oily skin. This is great if I can use face primer as an eye primer as well coz I don't have to buy 2 different products. Yay! Saves me money!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I haven't used many face primers tbh, but the other day I bought MAC's Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage and I love it I will deffinatley be buyin it again.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Thanks Mony. I've never tried using primers before and I am searching for one actually. My foundation always tend to slip from my face because of my oily skin. This is great if I can use face primer as an eye primer as well coz I don't have to buy 2 different products. Yay! Saves me money!
I can't use a face primer on my eyes or my foundation, it gives me a crease. The Laura Mercier product is a primer, but made for your eyes. It doesn't slip or cause any creasing, plus it make your shadow look awesome.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I can't use a face primer on my eyes or my foundation, it gives me a crease. The Laura Mercier product is a primer, but made for your eyes. It doesn't slip or cause any creasing, plus it make your shadow look awesome.
Thanks for the recommendation, Gymrat. I have added that to my shopping list which keeps getting longer and longer everyday!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation, Gymrat. I have added that to my shopping list which keeps getting longer and longer everyday!
LOL, you and me both Pumi!! My shopping list gets longer and longer. I don't know if you have a Sephora near where you live, but it is a good way to try products before you buy them.

Hey, at least we are surrounded here by other skincare/makeup junkies. So, we are not alone-

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
LOL, you and me both Pumi!! My shopping list gets longer and longer. I don't know if you have a Sephora near where you live, but it is a good way to try products before you buy them.

Hey, at least we are surrounded here by other skincare/makeup junkies. So, we are not alone-
Unfortunately there are no sephoras in the UK or if there is one I have never heard of it!
Yes, I will try to get samples where possible before buying products. In the past, I've wasted money in products that don't work or suit me and I had to unfortunately throw them away as I can't use them .

Thanks for SCT, I have learned so much here!

I am certainly more careful now before buying!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello Everyone

I went and got the MAC paint pot and I love it!!. Right now, I'm wearing it alone, no shadow at all. Thank you all for everything!!! BTW - it last all day

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two Faced Shadow Insurance works great. It does not dry too fast. I work at Sephora and have tired many different ones and I love this one the best. And I do not recomend face primers to be used on the eyelids. It is a totally different texture and is not made for the thin skin of the eyelids. Face primres are made to fill in any pores and fine lines and create a base for foundation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts