Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely wear eye shadow. I mostly prefer to use bronzer on my face & eyes for a more natural & for quick application,but on the ocassion I want a smokey or done up eye I find that even though I use an eye shadow brush & I dab the brush on a tissue before applying that it still dusts off on my face while applying creating a dirty mess on my face (looking like more eye circles) which is hard to remove considering my base is already done aby that time.

Also, I find so many of the eye shadows fade over time. I know cosmetic lines make claims that their make-up won't fade.

Any suggestions about the dusting & any recommendations about eye shadows that don't fade?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Michie,
I know using a primer first really helps the powder shadows to last longer and have less fall-out. You're doing it right to tap the brush before applying it, but you could use a barely dampened brush too for a longer lasting look.
If you try cream or cream-to-powder shadows you might like them better since they stay on much longer! Still have to use a primer first tho or they "crease". HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
If you use an eye primer, you shouldnt have much fall out at all and it will make it stay in place throughout the day. The best primer about is supposed to be Urban Decay Primer Potion [which i am trying desperatley to get hold of but they are always out of stock when i go. grr] or a MAC one [not sure of the name, I'm not really a big fan of Mac]. You'll probably still have a little bit of fallout, especially if its a loose eyeshadow so just sweep it off with a kabuki brush or just a large face brush if you dont have a kabuki. For a smokey eye it is, like fawnie said, better to wet your brush anyway and will also help with fallout. I know someone said cream eyeshadows. I suppose its personal preference but i find that cream ones crease more than the powders. Oh and if you do use loose eyeshadows with primer and still get fall out its a good idea to press them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts