Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone at all? Oh I soooo had my hopes up. I have no eyebrows at all after plucking them out in my teens, just flat tatooes which I have to cover up with my fringe because they look fake
. I would trade my soul for some real ones.

·
Registered
713 Posts
karenannev there are lots of people on this forum that have experience with that, they just aren't online right now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there i have no idea what the two products are in your first post (Lumigan/Latisse ) however i also had the same problem as you and used to pencil in eybrows then keep my fringe long to hide them. i read in a uk magazine about a month ago that putting castor oil on eyebrows stimulates hair growth. i have done this every night before bed. for just under a month and i was doubtful at first but it really does work. im almost reeady to ditch the pencil altogether and i have cut my fringe short : ) hide the tweezers until they grow fully though as i kept tweezing strays and almost over tweezed again. i hope this helps

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!! Shay that's so exciting for you! That must be the most wonderful, freeing feeling!!! I will give it a go, although for me because I've had NONE for years, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. It's hard not to though
. I'm really happy for you and glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Oh, Latisse/Lumigan are prescription eyedrops which have the side-effect of growing longer, thicker, blacker lashes! Lots of people on here LOVE this stuff!

·
Registered
47 Posts
karenannev, have you ordered the Lumigan/Latisse from ADC yet?
I have also contemplated on using it on my eyebrows...havent gotten the chance yet
but if i am not mistaken i think ondine may know a little more about eyebrow growth from lumigan...or refer you to someone who does.
I believed i asked her something about that awhile back and she confirmed that it might work!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
YES! I did that & what a great job it does! The first thing I niticed was that fine blacker hairs were growing in. These grew out & filled my brow-line in nicely. It is great not having to think about filling them in with pencil! They also have a nice 'shine' like deep conditioned hair does. Just make sure you only het the liquid where you want hairs to grow. Get it between your brows & you could wind up like BERT (sesame street) with a unibrow.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Very true Ondine I am starting to notice a "wild hair" or two. Gotta put it right where you want/need it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OMG, thanks guys, I haven't checked this forum for a while. Too busy at the skin lightening one. I haven't ordered it yet but will now!!! So, you could grow hair anywhere you put it? Even if my eyebrows have died? This would literally change my life if it worked

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
YES YES YES works great for brows too-

(sorry I missed it the first time around-
)

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I have this same problem. Very few eyebrow hairs left! I would LOVE to do this. What is the product and where do you order it? Also, how do you apply it, with a Qtip? Thanks for any answers!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have this same problem. Very few eyebrow hairs left! I would LOVE to do this. What is the product and where do you order it? Also, how do you apply it, with a Qtip? Thanks for any answers!
Hi MsFancyPants, I am going to order mine from alldaychemist.com. It is called Careprost (their generic brand) and it is the exact same ingredient as the brand name 'Latisse' which is much more expensive. It is an eye medicine for glaucoma patients with the side effect of growing hair. I hope I got that right! It is meant to give you AMAZING eyelashes too. This is so exciting for us, isn't it?!? Lets hope it works as well for us as the others. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm using my Latisse on my eyebrows also since they also have thinned and gotten blonde with age. I'll show befores and afters when/if there is a difference! I hope there is! LOL
I've been tinting them for years with my hair color, then switched to Just For Men Gel which works MUCH better and you only have to leave that on for 4 mins or so. Lasts much longer on my eyebrow hairs than my hair color did. My "outer" brow area has gotten way sparse!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Sandia1,

Please do post the pictures if you have success! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you (and for me too!). Good luck!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I got some castor oil yesterday and I am going to try that. I read some eyebrow guru chick in Dallas that everyone raves about says save your money and buy castor oil; it does the same thing. So I got it and put it on for the first time last night. I did my eyebrows and eyelashes; both of which are pitifully sparse. I will definitely post before and after pics. Ms. Eyebrow Guru chick says it should take 3 months to for them to be all grown in. I'm skeptical, but willing to throw caution to the wind with $2.69 + tax (hey, I live in CA...they tax us to death!!)...

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I got some castor oil yesterday and I am going to try that. I read some eyebrow guru chick in Dallas that everyone raves about says save your money and buy castor oil; it does the same thing. So I got it and put it on for the first time last night. I did my eyebrows and eyelashes; both of which are pitifully sparse. I will definitely post before and after pics. Ms. Eyebrow Guru chick says it should take 3 months to for them to be all grown in. I'm skeptical, but willing to throw caution to the wind with $2.69 + tax (hey, I live in CA...they tax us to death!!)...
I use castor oil on nights I don't use the Latisses. Right now I am using the Latisse every other night. I am happy with the length, so I thought every other night would be sufficient.

Please keep up us posted on how it works for you. If you have success with it, maybe I can throw out another expensive habit-

1 - 20 of 168 Posts