Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been using eyelash growth conditioners for the last two months - and getting extra growth, thickness etc. so was really pleased about that.

Last night, I thought I'd try using an eyelash curler (which I rarely use anyway) in a bid to see how long they looked curled!

I was using a curler that I bought a few years back and which is a heavier type with a strong spring mechanism on it.

My hands were still oily from cleaning my face - and as I clamped firmly down on my left lashline, my oily hands somehow slipped on the curler handle - and, well, I think I must have reacted by increasing my grip on the curler handle momentarily. The result was that about 2mm of lashes are now missing from the inner corner of my left eye - the double irony being that, as I said, I'd been successfully using eyelash growth products PLUS the innermost corner still has 2-3 of those stimulated longer lashes left!

So, inner corner = about 2 long sweeping lashes. Then I have a gap of about 2 mm... and then the rest of my lashes at nearly 1 centimetre long.

I know it could have been much worse because I've googled on it and read far worse tales - but I just wanted to say BE CAREFUL when using eyelash curlers. No oily hands that might slip: no curlers with a powerful spring mechanism (haven't seen them round very often - and no, I don't know the make) - and definitely position yourself in a stable way, whereby you can't slip or make a sudden awkward movement.

I'm a bit upset really - but it can't be helped. Hopefully they'll grow back a bit quicker as I'm using the eyelash growth stuff anyway...

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had the same problem, I was missing a few eyelashes, not sure if it's due to eye lashe curler or waterproof mascara.............I'm now using revitalash and I can see a huge difference, it's still not the way I want it, but it's getting there..................good luck!!

·
Administrator
33,770 Posts
Oh no Seymaden!! That is horrible- you know a friend of mine is on her second bottle of Latisse, she said what she does to get a curl on her lashes is apply a primer. It dries with no color, and she doesn't even have to apply mascara. So once your lashes grow back in, try that and see if it helps.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chelsie and gymrat!

This is the first time in my life anything like this has ever happened to me - and I am now very wary of curlers!

Yes, I think something like the Ardell would actually work as a sort of clear mascara and nourisher - once all my lashes are present and correct.

I suppose it's better that this happened now - before I really got big length and thickness. At least I'll know to be more careful in future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts