Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wondering, castor oil for eyelashes...do you apply them only to the eyelashes like a mascara sort of thing or like just to eyelid area?
You can buy empty mascara bottles & apply like a mascara. I've just been applying with my finger to my eye area and over my lashes & lash line (with eyes closed, of course!)

I've read that coconut oil can thicken lashes... I just made up a batch of castor and coconut combined to see if I can thicken them up some. The castor oil definitely gave me more length.

I also OCM and I do believe that getting my lash line really clean every night before applying the oil helps. I OCM with olive oil and desertroses's comment leads me to believe that this is helpful too.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I am doing the same
Especially if i feel that i have overused mascara during the day/week...
pac, can you tell me how you apply the Caster Oil?? I'm wondering if it would be good for the eyelashes just the same to remove your eye makeup (mascara included) with it?? Same effect?? Anyone??

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
i like the idea of using the empty mascara container, thanx PlantLady!!!

off i go in search of source for containing new eyelash potion...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have used both castor oil and extra virgin olive oil and with both my eyelashers actuall got thicker and longer. Either one will work well, trust me. However if you use olive oil is must the the extra virgin olive oil

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
i was "blessed" with skimpy short lashes
- have been using careprost for a while and i now have these crazy long lashes, but they don't seem to be much thicker. what's the diff. with the oo vs. the evoo? SashaJB???

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I have used both castor oil and extra virgin olive oil and with both my eyelashers actuall got thicker and longer. Either one will work well, trust me. However if you use olive oil is must the the extra virgin olive oil
Still not sure exactly how and where to put the Castor Oil???

·
Registered
581 Posts
pac, can you tell me how you apply the Caster Oil?? I'm wondering if it would be good for the eyelashes just the same to remove your eye makeup (mascara included) with it?? Same effect?? Anyone??
I apply castor oil in my eyelashes with an old,clean mascara brush and of course in clean eyelashes..Maybe i didn't clarify it well, in my previous post....Only in clean eyelashes i put castor oil

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I apply castor oil in my eyelashes with an old,clean mascara brush and of course in clean eyelashes..Maybe i didn't clarify it well, in my previous post....Only in clean eyelashes i put castor oil

Thanks, DH is gone to pick up CO as I type. He had to take something back to WallyWorld and is going to go by the pharmacy and grab some. I did warn him not to be sippin' on it on the way home.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
wow I am going to try this for sure. I have long eyelashes but they get all stuck together.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
wow I am going to try this for sure. I have long eyelashes but they get all stuck together.
Ok, so he didn't get the Castor oil when he went out this afternoon. Just came back AGAIN with NO CO!! :sigh:
I may sneak out of the house after he goes to bed, maybe??

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Laura B ... if and when you find empty mascara bottles, please share where you find them ... maybe ebay???

Thanks.

Libra

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Ok, so he didn't get the Castor oil when he went out this afternoon. Just came back AGAIN with NO CO!! :sigh:
I may sneak out of the house after he goes to bed, maybe??
LOL punish him and send him out again hehe

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Laura B ... if and when you find empty mascara bottles, please share where you find them ... maybe ebay???

Thanks.

Libra
Libra, I'm not LauraB but I'm thinking it may be doable to check Sally Beauty if you have one near you. They have all sorts of tools of the trade. It would certainly be something that many makeup artists must have on hand. I know when I sold cosmetics that we bought them by the gross to use on clients. I know makeup counters do the same. Hmmmm, wonder if you could make friends with a cosmetic counter??? Hmmm
Ok, maybe not. I'm sure there's an "ethics" issue there.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Oh ... thank you ladies ... I will try Sally's ... there is one in my area ... in the meantime, I will try the Qtip method ... have lots of CO on hand ... I couldn't find on ebay ...

xxoo
Libra

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

Thanks.

Libra
hi Libra,

i found this one - seems pretty decent, looks like minimum of 10 for the mascara tubes - they also carry airless pump bottles and have a special on 200ml --$ .75
i thought about getting a couple to try them out - would be good for ss. here's there addy, ect

Company Contact Information
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯
Warehouse Hours: Monday through Friday 10:00am - 5:00pm

3957 E Speedway Blvd. Suite 208

Tucson Arizona 85712

Phone: 520 881 0958

DIY Cosmetics, Make Cosmetics, Make Mineral Makeup, Do it yourself cosmetics, Make your own cosmetic suupplies, Make your own cosmetic Recipes, Cosmetic Packaging,Powder Press, Handmade Cosmetics,Natural Preservatives, Airless pumps, Preservative Fre

i came across a different one for mascara tubes, if i can ever find it again - it was while i was on a quest for a good price on lipbalm tubes... anyway...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
To anwer the question about Latisse from a Latisse user, my personal opinio is this:

My lashes were out of this world, like completely insane, which says a lot since i'm quite european, german, french roots. It definitely works They were darker, longer, thicker. But it's not worth it to me. Latisse and it's derivatives work through a hormonal effect which, might seem amazing now, but down the road, i'm not okay with being an experiment.

Yes my lashes went back to normal and the transition sucks. Get ready for brittle lashes, breakage, etc. Be prepared to trim uneven lashes, lame just lame. I'm sure they will be okay eventually but the process sucks. Not worth it unless you're okay with getting hooked on a solution to a problem that isn't even a problem. My lashes were fine. Now I need to nurse them back to health.

I wear all mineral make up including mascara. They look okay, but not like they used to *sigh*. I'm starting my castor oil tonight and going to take a look at what Dragon posted.

·
Registered
581 Posts
As far as i remember,(i was a teen when i started using castor oil) I started like that way..with my finger..

[/QUOTE] I've just been applying with my finger to my eye area and over my lashes & lash line (with eyes closed, of course!)[/QUOTE]

Or sometimes was using Qtip, easy and quick...
Reading an older thread. Someone was saying that she applies the Castor Oil with a Qtip. I'm thinking you would have to have really really good and tight qtips.
Here's the link to the thread: http://www.skincaretalk.com/basic-sk...astor-oil.html
And at some point, i did the trick using the old mascara brushes for applying castor oil....(after all as a mascara junkie a had and still have a lot old mascara brushes)!

21 - 40 of 86 Posts