Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can buy empty mascara bottles & apply like a mascara. I've just been applying with my finger to my eye area and over my lashes & lash line (with eyes closed, of course!)

I've read that coconut oil can thicken lashes... I just made up a batch of castor and coconut combined to see if I can thicken them up some. The castor oil definitely gave me more length.

I also OCM and I do believe that getting my lash line really clean every night before applying the oil helps. I OCM with olive oil and desertroses's comment leads me to believe that this is helpful too.
I havent gotten castor oil yet but have tried olive oil usibg a mascara brush. It seems i get as much on my eyelids as if i had just applied it directly to the eyelids
since my eyelashes are short, and angled down...however, ill try the castor oil when i get to a store, it seems to have a lot of praise. What did you mean by OCM? I tried searching it on the forums, but it was too short a word...
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
OCM = Oil Cleansing Method.

The Castor oil is a much thicker heavier oil than most.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
You can buy empty mascara bottles & apply like a mascara. I've just been applying with my finger to my eye area and over my lashes & lash line (with eyes closed, of course!)

I have been on-line looking for empty mascara bottles ... where can I buy these? I have tried Sally's ... they don't carry them ... I can find them in huge quantities ... but not one or two ... any ideas? Thank you ...

Libra
xxoo

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I havent gotten castor oil yet but have tried olive oil usibg a mascara brush. It seems i get as much on my eyelids as if i had just applied it directly to the eyelids
since my eyelashes are short, and angled down...however, ill try the castor oil when i get to a store, it seems to have a lot of praise. What did you mean by OCM? I tried searching it on the forums, but it was too short a word...
Thanks for the help!
KHer, OCM=Oil Cleansing Method
You can read it here: The Oil Cleansing Method - A simple, cleansing facial massage for clear skin!
You can use any oils you feel would be good for your skin. DragoN has lots of good advice in various places in this forum. I think you can search on her name and find many many interesting reads.
Here's the site I personally used to decide what oils are best for my skin: Aromatherapy Carrier Oils almond oil

This has almond oil in the url line but I think you can still get to it. If you need to back it off to the first / then you will get there I'm thinking. For some reason this will not post just right.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Just ordered ... so easy ... a few other things as well ... neat place to shop ...

xxoo
I am really glad they worked out for you, a friend turned me on to the site a long time ago, my first DIY purchases.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Question: Does the Caster Oil burn at all?? What about if it gets on your eyelids?? Will it give you blurry eyes as other oils do??
I always have to keep oil away from the entire circle of my eye socket area.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Question: Does the Caster Oil burn at all?? What about if it gets on your eyelids?? Will it give you blurry eyes as other oils do??
I always have to keep oil away from the entire circle of my eye socket area.
The castor oil has never burned my eyes... But everyone is different so you may want to do a patch test. One of the great things about castor oil is that it doesn't blur your vision like so many other oils. I go ahead and smooth it over my entire eye area because as I said I have noticed a smoothing effect.

I've been using organic castor oil, not sure if that makes any difference.

LunaSea, thanks for the links for the empty mascara tubes!

·
Registered
106 Posts
i was "blessed" with skimpy short lashes
- have been using careprost for a while and i now have these crazy long lashes, but they don't seem to be much thicker. what's the diff. with the oo vs. the evoo? SashaJB???
Extra Virgin OO has not undergone any processeing and is the most natural form of OO and hence is most effective

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
The castor oil has never burned my eyes... But everyone is different so you may want to do a patch test. One of the great things about castor oil is that it doesn't blur your vision like so many other oils. I go ahead and smooth it over my entire eye area because as I said I have noticed a smoothing effect.

I've been using organic castor oil, not sure if that makes any difference.

LunaSea, thanks for the links for the empty mascara tubes!
Not to beat a dead horse or anything (resurrecting this thread) but I'd like to know if I'd be getting the same benefit with eyelashes if I was just swiping CO over my eyelids??
I tried the mascara wand and couldn't get it thin enough to not make my eyes blurry. No burning at all, just blurry.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Beckey - what are you expecting the castor oil to do?

If it is just to condition your lashes, then the swipe would probably work. However, if you are looking to have it help with growth - then you should apply it to the base of your lashes, perhaps with a q-tip?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
tmeyer, thank you. I'm hoping to increase the growth.
I want to try the q-tip, aka "ear buds" as someone on this thread called them. I love that term for them. Ah, languages.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I think the 'ear buds' thing may be a UK term for it? I'd apply the castor oil right before drifting off to dreamland. For me - it makes my eyesight all blurry - like I've had one to many margaritas.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
I think the 'ear buds' thing may be a UK term for it? I'd apply the castor oil right before drifting off to dreamland. For me - it makes my eyesight all blurry - like I've had one to many margaritas.
I'm sure DH will love that. Between my bleaching trays and castor oiled eyes...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wow, guess I've been lucky since castor oil has never blurred my vision. I always read before bed, after I've applied the oil & never had any problems. It would be a pain to have to get up after I've gotten all cozy and sleepy after reading to put castor oil on!

I apply the oil all over my eye area and then also be sure to apply to my lash line (with my finger, although an "ear bud" =) would work too I'm sure) I coat my lashes with it. It has definitely made a difference for me although it took several weeks before I noticed.

I now make a castor oil cream using water and beeswax and that seems to keep the castor oil in place better. I gave some to my husband's aunt and she loves it!

I ordered some of the empty mascara tubes since I have started making my own eye cream with some extra goodies in it that I don't want to get in my eyes. I figure this way I can use both the eye cream and the castor oil.

I hope the castor oil works for you Becky! It's cheap with no side effects

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Gosh, DH will think me sexy as heck!!! Caster Oil, Bleaching Trays AND Hair Serum!!!
What we give up for beauty. Think he'd buy that??

Let us know how the eye cream with Caster Oil works for you.
Also, I'm not familiar with using Beeswax. How does it feel when you put it on? In the morning??

41 - 60 of 86 Posts